Replacing torrents?

so after 1st sep, what are our options? cos like most of the planet it aint going to stop me, there wil be a way around it somehow im guessin limewire might make a comeback?

geek_wobblymunter, Jul 13, 11:46 pm

seedboxes

geek_johnf_456, Jul 13, 11:51 pm

early spring vegetables?

geek_brucie44, Jul 13, 11:59 pm

Hahahaha

geek_johnf_456, Jul 14, 12:02 am

In the past 15 years, every new law and regulation to curb P2P has been like seawalls trying to stop a tsunami lol.

geek_mone, Jul 14, 12:12 am

VPN and im sure limewire has not been used by anyone with knowledge of a computer for 8 years

geek_nacura, Jul 14, 2:06 am

frostwire it's the main now.limewire was shut down last year.

geek_mone, Jul 14, 8:26 am

These threads just keep getting better and better!

geek_cybertao, Jul 14, 8:28 am

Secure VPN.

geek_suicidemonkey, Jul 14, 8:40 am

no need to use a secure anything, just keep your IP out of the swarm so that you are not advertised as a peer.

Im gonna just stick with peerguardian, a fake IP in the torrent client so no incoming connections work and see how it goes. When I get the first complaint then I will switch over to putting everything thru the VPN etc.

geek_richms, Jul 14, 10:30 am

Did anyone have trouble installing peerguardian 2 in windows 7 64bit?

geek_73040, Jul 14, 10:40 am

I torrent in a VM so its just XP, windows 7 lets you get a free XP VM as part of the windows 7 mode, and IMO its a good idea to use it so you can still apply the half open connection fixes etc and not have it ruin your browsing experiance on the actual computer.

geek_richms, Jul 14, 10:46 am

so after 1st sep, what are our options! cos like most of the planet it aint going to stop me, there wil be a way around it somehow im guessin limewire might make a comeback!

geek_wobblymunter, Jul 14, 11:46 pm

early spring vegetables!

geek_brucie44, Jul 14, 11:59 pm

frostwire it's the main now.limewire was shut down last year.

geek_mone, Jul 15, 8:26 am