Vodafone Data question.

merrigj, Jul 14, 6:34am
I have an iphone and was unable to send and recieve MMS messages.I figure out it was because I had switched off cellular data.My question is if I switch on cellular data and turn off 3G will I becharged the $1 a day data by vodaphone or is that charge only for using 3g.

carkitter, Jul 14, 10:45am
You'll be charged $1 per day.

You're wasting your money buying an iPhone and then switching off cellular data. Cellular data is the WHOLE POINT of the iPhone. I recommend you pay $10 per month for Vodafone's 100MB BroadBand Lite data service and try it out. Use the Google Maps, download your email on the bus, read the news sites at work during lunchtime (like I do), stream some YouTube while at a cafe, tether your laptop, check the traffic cams before you leave work, etc, etc. Use your iPhone to the full.

blenheim-trader, Jul 14, 11:31am
^^^^^ I read your user name as cat-litter,pmsl

drcspy, Jul 14, 5:02pm
most of those ideas are ok for data useage but in many situations you wont need to chew into 'your' usage at all.........mcdonalds/some cafes/libraries/ many other places have FREE wifi..........just hook into that

richms, Jul 15, 5:02am
Mmm, expose your browsing to the whole store on a free wifi network that has a stupidly low limit, or use 3g - know which I would choose.

carkitter, Jul 15, 8:42am
Err... right. Thanks for your contribution.
I used to do mobile installations of cellphone carkits, hence the name.

merrigj, Aug 27, 8:57am
We had a power cut the other day so switched on 3G within 2 hours was getting the text that had nearly used up the 10mb for $1.I have so much running on iphone would need at least 300mb a month to make this worthwhile.Until they make it cheaper will keep switched off.Lived in Aust last year 200mb for $5 worked well.Vodaphone need to improve and make cheaper their data.

carkitter, Aug 27, 10:15pm
Then you're living in cloud cuckoo land.

carkitter, Aug 28, 10:15pm
Then you're living in cloud cuckoo land.

carkitter, Jul 14, 10:45am
You'll be charged $1 per 10MB per day.

You're wasting your money buying an iPhone and then switching off cellular data. Cellular data is the WHOLE POINT of the iPhone. I recommend you pay $10 per month for Vodafone's 100MB BroadBand Lite data service and try it out. Use the Google Maps, download your email on the bus, read the news sites at work during lunchtime (like I do), stream some YouTube while at a cafe, tether your laptop, check the traffic cams before you leave work, etc, etc. Use your iPhone to the full.

blenheim-trader, Jul 14, 11:31am
^^^^^ I read your user name as cat-litter,pmsl (ill put it down to many bourbon's)

drcspy, Jul 14, 5:02pm
most of those ideas are ok for data useage but in many situations you wont need to chew into 'your' usage at all.mcdonalds/some cafes/libraries/ many other places have FREE wifi.just hook into that

carkitter, Jul 15, 8:42am
Err. right. Thanks for your contribution.
I used to do mobile installations of cellphone carkits, hence the name.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)