Best most compact photo printer

karenz, Aug 1, 11:40pm
Can anybody recommend a really compact photo printer that just has to have the memory card from the camera inserted.I bought the camera second hand and don't have any software with it. I am also travelling and it needs to be as small as possible, don't need it to print anything except photos.

karenz, Aug 2, 1:26am
Those ones all look pretty standard size to me, I need one that can fit into a computer bag along with a laptoop and taken on as hand luggage. I saw one once in a camera shop but can't remember the name or brand, it was about the size of a box of tissues.

silver-trader, Aug 2, 3:26am
Are you talking about this: http://tinyurl.com/246upnh They are pretty expensive and you need special paper. This is the NZ site: http://www.polaroid.co.nz/products/digital-instant/polaroid-pogo-instant-mobile-printer/

smac, Aug 2, 3:28am
Personally I've given up on photo printers, more hassle than they are worth. For the few we print I get them down down town in a few minutes for a few cents. Even more so if traveling.

vtecintegra, Aug 2, 5:38am
Agreed. Photo printing places are common these days (even Warehouse store have the machines) and you'll get better quality prints for cheaper.

oclaf, Aug 2, 8:05am
I was just going too say you wont find a photo printer that will fit in your laptop bag. Then I saw that linked polaroid thing. Then I laughed. It looks a toy for teenage girls.
Don't bother travelling with a printer. Thats silly. Just put them on your laptop and get them printed at shops.

karenz, Aug 2, 11:40pm
Can anybody recommend a really compact photo printer that just has to have the memory card from the camera inserted.I bought the camera second hand and don't have any software with it. I am also travelling and it needs to be as small as possible, don't need it to print anything except photos.

karenz, Aug 3, 1:26am
Those ones all look pretty standard size to me, I need one that can fit into a computer bag along with a laptoop and taken on as hand luggage. I saw one once in a camera shop but can't remember the name or brand, it was about the size of a box of tissues.

smac, Aug 3, 3:28am
Personally I've given up on photo printers, more hassle than they are worth. For the few we print I get them down down town in a few minutes for a few cents. Even more so if traveling.

vtecintegra, Aug 3, 5:38am
Agreed. Photo printing places are common these days (even Warehouse store have the machines) and you'll get better quality prints for cheaper.

oclaf, Aug 3, 8:05am
I was just going too say you wont find a photo printer that will fit in your laptop bag. Then I saw that linked polaroid thing. Then I laughed. It looks a toy for teenage girls.
Don't bother travelling with a printer. Thats silly. Just put them on your laptop and get them printed at shops.

karenz, Aug 6, 12:32am
Wish it was that simple. I am, working on a film and taking photos for continuity purposes so need to print them out in my accommodation when I finish work after a 12 hour day, also don't have own transport even if I did want to spend up to an hour in the warehouse every night.

karenz, Aug 7, 12:32am
Wish it was that simple. I am, working on a film and taking photos for continuity purposes so need to print them out in my accommodation when I finish work after a 12 hour day, also don't have own transport even if I did want to spend up to an hour in the warehouse every night.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)