New laptop motherboard.should need a restore!

stc10, Aug 8, 9:42am
HP DV4 Windows Vista.

Just had motherboard replaced after being "repaired" twice under warranty by what I am starting to suspect is a less than competent warranty place.

The computer had failed twice previously (failing to boot at all). They said they soldered "something" on the motherboard, which fixed the problem for about a month each time. Computer began playing up again ( bsod, not booting sporadically)

They replaced the whole motherboard even though they found no fault. I received it today and it would not load windows. They had suggested on the warranty form that a restore of the computer could fix the problem.

But wouldn't you think that a replacement of the motherboard should include getting the computer up and running again! Or am I mistaken. Computer is working now, but quietly hoping it fails so I can demand a refund.

owene, Aug 8, 10:09am
Serves you right for buying a PC with Vista installed.

stc10, Aug 8, 10:16am
It is 2.5 years old.be fair! Im not a linux lover yet

stc10, Aug 9, 9:42am
HP DV4 Windows Vista.

Just had motherboard replaced after being "repaired" twice under warranty by what I am starting to suspect is a less than competent warranty place.

The computer had failed twice previously (failing to boot at all). They said they soldered "something" on the motherboard, which fixed the problem for about a month each time. Computer began playing up again ( bsod, not booting sporadically)

They replaced the whole motherboard even though they found no fault. I received it today and it would not load windows. They had suggested on the warranty form that a restore of the computer could fix the problem.

But wouldn't you think that a replacement of the motherboard should include getting the computer up and running again! Or am I mistaken. Computer is working now, but quietly hoping it fails so I can demand a refund.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)