Printer help. :-(

jacinta.r, Aug 13, 8:36am
So due to pending snow we've been told to be ready to work from home. printer has not been used for a couple of years and i have put new ink into it. all colours work except black which only appears as a faint mark on page. i have cleaned print heads but still no luck.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what to do next. it's an HP inkjet L7500 MFC

max-e-mim, Aug 13, 8:47am
clean the head

gyrogearloose, Aug 13, 8:51am
Email the facilitator and advise them you have a paperless office.

dunedin_ree, Aug 13, 8:52am
+1.

What are you going to do with the paper once you've printed it out anyway!

r.g.nixon, Aug 13, 8:53am
Go paperless:
- print to PDF
- save to 'the cloud' with Google Docs and Evernote.com

jacinta.r, Aug 13, 9:13am
unable to go paperless when working at home. there's about 75 pages of timesheets that need to be edited from all over the south island.

have cleaned heads.

dunedin_ree, Aug 13, 9:14am
If work requires you to do that from home (even on a snow day) then they need to provide you with the tools to do it.

jacinta.r, Aug 13, 9:20am
the have dunedin ree. but i never use the supplied printer at home, tried it this morning and black didn't work so went and got a new cartridge and it still wont work.

jancemord, Aug 13, 7:38pm
you need a laser printer

drcspy, Aug 13, 8:29pm
yeh buy a laser printer it'll be MUCH cheaper on ink than an inkjet for doing a lot of printing.and you're damn lucky you're getting ANY ink at all thru a printer that hasn't been used for a couple of years

mrfxit, Aug 13, 9:13pm
TOTALY agree ^ ^ ^

My old freebee HP laser printer got 3 years running on the same cartridge (anything on a daily basis of 5 to 30 pages) (HP 5L)

mrfxit, Aug 13, 9:14pm
A laser printer will be dearer to buy, BUT a lot cheaper for bulk printing & don't mind sitting around for extended periods.

Inkjets HATE sitting. .

jacinta.r, Aug 14, 1:54am
thanks everyone. went out this morning and bought a new printer. albeit an inkjet (should have read this post first). All installed and running nicely.

r.g.nixon, Aug 14, 2:04am
Make sure you print something at least once per month with inkjets.

drcspy, Aug 14, 2:46am
you should have read this thread and or done some research.a laser is MUCH cheaper to run

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)