Proxy server

seanandstacey, Sep 6, 10:07am
whats a good proxy server to use!for some stupid reason after 4 years of use my work has gone and blocked facebook from being used, have tried a couple but havent had much luck

jcmp21, Sep 6, 10:38am
hidemyass

r.g.nixon, Sep 6, 10:46am
Use logmein to remote control your home computer.

vtecintegra, Sep 6, 10:54am
If your work IT department is somewhat competent then they'd have blocked proxies and RDP and similar protocols.

Also make sure you read any IT policies you might be bound by.

gibler, Sep 6, 11:06am
for added fun . you may get fired.

legricecons, Sep 6, 11:49am
hmmm interesting. You go to work and complain that you can't access Facebook.

So why do you go to work!

Surely you don't expect your employer to pay you for the time that you spend organising your social life! Or are you going to reimburse them for the time that you spend NOT working while on Facebook.

I have this argument all the time with mainly younger employees of clients of mine. Their attitude seems to be that work is an interruption to their social lives and that they are entitled to access Facebook or IM while at work. When implementing blocking I have logs prior to blocking to justify the cost savings of implementing the block.
Last time I think it was 3 or 4 employees were spending around 2 hours a DAY on Facebook as proven by the patterns of internet access, and consuming a substantial chunk of the bandwidth each month.

johnf_456, Sep 6, 11:54am
As above why risk having money on the table.

shaneo2, Sep 6, 9:12pm
Don't employers understand an employees need to stay current with the gossip,it just isn't fair what if something happens and I miss out! .Opps crap ,here comes the boss,gtg :(

lostdude, Sep 6, 9:42pm
Yeah, it's called LOST PRODUCTIVITY. LOL

friendly_prawn, Sep 6, 9:49pm

shaneo2, Sep 6, 10:05pm
4 yrs = 208 wks -12wks holiday=196wks-4wks sick =192wks =1344days -weekends=960 work days x 2hrs F/Book per day=1920hrs@$20hr!= $38,400lost productivity.

What are they complaining about!

shaneo2, Sep 6, 10:16pm
if that don't work tryfiremyass

puddleduck00, Sep 6, 10:46pm
Why would you think it's your right to use Facebook at work! If I did this at work I would be dismissed. For some stupid reason they expect you to work while you're at work! How unfair.

gamekid, Sep 7, 1:03am
Put this in the address bar and see what happenes it's facebooks ip address: 69.63.181.11 I used to have the same thing at work but if you type the ip address in it should get around any blocking they put on.

stevel_knievel, Sep 7, 1:22am
That's assuming they would have been doing something productive otherwise.

shaneo2, Sep 7, 3:54am
Yea, I was being economical I think and giving the benefit of the doubt for the other 6 hours a day. Maybe factor in another 2 hrs a day for toilet, chats at the water fountain, paper dart making ,steam gaming and sharpening pencils.

age90210, Sep 11, 8:41am
http://hidemyass.com/
just dont get caught or they will block that too

peter148, Sep 11, 8:54am
I used to stay late after work and do my internet surfing, and also a lot of downloading.I didn't think it was fair to do it on work time.Sometimes the office computers have faster connections than your home connection.

owene, Sep 11, 12:25pm
You obviously don't have the cerebral functionality to place yourself in your employers boots. Let's say I came to work for you in your office running your business. Would you be happy for me to spend any time on non-work related browsing! I think not. There's a name for what you are expecting and it's **THEFT**.

dark_tower, Sep 11, 12:38pm
???Everybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaining they are unemployed.???

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)