Telstraclear

Telstraclear Has any emcountered problems with telstraclear's cable broadband 1GB.

my usage meter shows that I've been downloading quite a bit and I know that this computer has'nt been on during those times.

I'm waiting on the phone for faults to pick after being re-directed there by a human, a couple of hours ago.

This same human was adamant that i was downloading between 7 and 9 pm lastnight (11 June 2008)when the computer wouldn't access the internet because the internet protocol (TCP/IP)Properties had wiped itself thus preventing internet access.

geek_addington261, Jun 12, 7:47 am

Telstraclear like all other ISPs measure traffic at their router that gets sent to your ADSL modem. Even if your computer is off, you may have left your ADSL modem/router on, and that received traffic.

geek_bogues1, Jun 12, 11:49 am

When we were with xtra my 1G was enough for the month , I never went any where near my limit. Within 2 weeks of being with telstraclear I was over and it has been like that for a month and a half. There customer service is the pits with promises to investigate and ring back ( which they don't) On their Broadband Internet Usage Meter it shows a pattern of downloads between 2am and 5am which certainly is not me . I am in bed with everything turned off. I am ready to change back to xtra and really pi**ed off big time.

geek_addington261, Jun 14, 6:50 am

tcp/ip settings don't just 'wipe themselves'. Are you sure your machine isn't compromised? Also are you running a wireless router? If so are you sure it's properly secured?

geek_vtecintegra, Jun 14, 7:19 am

My computer is clean and no I am not running a wireless router.

geek_addington261, Jun 14, 7:49 am

Bump for any help.

geek_addington261, Jun 15, 7:13 am