Is there a way to fool the printer it's not empty!

jaja6, Oct 4, 11:09pm
I just want to use this HP Officejet 6310 as Scanner and Fax. But it asks for the Black ink cartridge to be replaced which will cost $28. I have another Canon printer for printing.

tahnasha, Oct 4, 11:19pm
I find that a real pain, I have a Canon too, sometimes if it's not really really empty you can switch the printer on and off and it will work again.

vtecintegra, Oct 4, 11:21pm
You can on most HP printers so long as the empty cartridge is installed

Refilling yourself won't help in this situation as the printer will still think its empty - you need to trick it http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_6358860_reset-level-hp-6310-printer.html

max-e-mim, Oct 5, 12:04am
Speak in very soft tones and tell it, if you print the page I will buy you a choccy fish

deodar1, Oct 5, 12:57am
Yeah it's on You Tube

jaja6, Oct 5, 3:16am
Very interesting trick. But there was no Blue contact hole on my cartridge. They were all gold.

smyrnia, Oct 5, 4:21am
Havn't tried this myself yet but have an epson here that I'll be doing it to next time it runs out.
Whats to stop you filling the cartridge with water !
The printer will sense a fluid level in it and think it has ink in it.or is this just another of my la la theories !

jaja6, Oct 5, 5:43am
Filling it with ink or water makes no difference. The printer knows the cartridge is there long enough to be replaced, so HP can make some money. I don't think there is actual sensor for the ink level. No need to try with water on your cartridge.

gyrogearloose, Oct 5, 7:20am
You could buy a chip resetter, they start at 6 euros plus postage: http://www.octopus-office.de/en/shop/l/c/chips-chip-resetter-hp/

or, $28 for a new cartridge and don't print anything, it will last forever.

gyrogearloose, Oct 5, 7:29am
Well, the Canon cartridges use a prism to shine light through, to determine the ink level. I can't speak for HP, I don't have one here to squiz at.

skin1235, Oct 5, 7:40am
didn't the hp use a page counter, and to reset it you had to remove the power pack - not good enough to just remove the power cord, they had a rom chip on the board that is fed by a battery in the power pack, remove the powerpack for a day killed the rom settings

.pc2u., Oct 5, 8:04pm
pen and paper.

owene, Oct 5, 8:33pm
Pul out the cartidge and join up pins 3 and 4 on the connector pad with a think slither of aluminium paper. That makes the printer think the cartidge is full forever.

swivel, Oct 5, 8:39pm
And that will help them how ! as they said "I just want to use this HP Officejet 6310 as Scanner and Fax"

deodar1, Oct 6, 12:57am
Yeah it's on You Tube,how to fool your gullible empty printer into thinking
its got plenty of ink left.Trouble is it is probably empty.

owene, Oct 6, 1:54am
But going back two steps,are you saying that because the cartridge is empty the device won't perform the other two functions! If that really is the case then one might ask "is it fit for purpose!"

owene, Oct 6, 8:33pm
Pull out the cartidge and join up pins 3 and 4 on the connector pad with a thin slither of aluminium paper. That makes the printer think the cartidge is full forever.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)