Telecom ADSL2 con!

I have been keeping an eye out for my area (Palmerston North) to be converted to ADSL2 - have upgraded my modem to ADSL2 and have the Telecom ADSL2 plan. Their site originaly said July, then September, but November changed the message to indicate the roadside cabinet has been upgrade and ADSL2 is now available. However I kave no change to the test speed. I rang Telecom help and, after a lot of talking and re-setting the modem etc, was informed that ADSL2 would not be available until my profile had been upgrade, which would take 2-3 months!
Anyone throw some light on this! or is it a fob-off!

geek_mrploppy, Dec 2, 6:04 pm

And your sync speed and attenuation figures are! What is your distance fromthe cabinet! Do you have a master splitter/filter installed at demarcation point!

geek_spyware, Dec 2, 6:29 pm

big con by the sounds of it

geek_l43a2, Dec 2, 6:33 pm

Where in Palmerston Nth! I am in the Takaro area, Palmerston Nth and I have had adsl2+ for at least two years, signed up for the Total Home package and got a free Thomson adsl2+ modem, all sweet, download speeds around 13 - 16 mbits/sec. Just did a test- 13948 kbps (1743.5 KB/sec transfer rate) and that's typical.You're being horsed around.

geek_cjdnzl, Dec 2, 11:22 pm

Palmerston North adsl2+ for ages.

it's your system

geek_swivel, Dec 2, 11:44 pm

Technical no-sorts

geek_swivel, Dec 2, 11:44 pm

I know what you mean about their, so called upgrade to adsl+2. We are in Papamoa and for the last two years they have been saying we gona beupgraded. But when the time comes, they extend it.

geek_ianalice1, Dec 3, 7:12 am

[quote=mrploppy November changed the message to indicate the roadside cabinet has been upgrade and ADSL2 is now available. , was informed that ADSL2 would not be available until my profile had been upgrade, which would take 2-3 months!
[/quote]
Profile, hmm. No. Its either adsl2+ or it isn't. And the word is upgraded, not upgrade.

geek_lythande1, Dec 3, 3:08 pm