Help please for my vaio laptop

Hi, i have had a Sony Vaio for 5 months it has been working perfectly until now. The cusor suddenly wouldn't go where i wanted it to, a message came up on the screen saying "Vaio gate is not working there is a problem" i shut it down then proceeded to restart it and used the repair and recovery disk. The screen came up again and i started to work on it then the notice came up again i tried the repair and recovery disk again, same thing happened. I am not sure where to go from here, any advice would be gratefully accepted.
Also tried scanning with Avast but got no where.

thanks so much.

geek_finky1, Feb 7, 5:01 pm

First thing: do a google search.
If it seems like a hardware error, did you buy it from a retailer!

geek_r.g.nixon, Feb 7, 5:40 pm

if it is under warrenty then the retailer will send it to be fixed no charge but yeah, could be a signal interuption between the pad and CPU. (hard-drive).

geek_the_tardis, Feb 7, 6:53 pm

Yes i did buy it from a retailer and it is still under guarantee, so it wouldn't be a virus causing it at all!

geek_finky1, Feb 7, 8:53 pm

I have a Sony Vaio, and it's cursor jumps around all over the place. One second I'll be typing in a line, then it's jumped back 2 lines and I'm typing in the middle of another word on another line. And then the screen jumps to 125% and back to 90%. I hate the damned thing and wish I'd stuck with my HP.

geek_league_fan, Feb 7, 8:56 pm

Nope not a virus. Is the cursor moving at all! and the error that is comming up. does it effect the use of the computer! ie if you push the windows key on your keyboard does it open the menu!

geek_sunshine60, Feb 7, 8:58 pm

Nope not a virus. Is the cursor moving at all! and the error that is comming up. does it effect the use of the computer! ie if you push the windows key on your keyboard does it open the menu! and league_fan. that sounds like liquid damage.

geek_sunshine60, Feb 7, 8:59 pm

Your problem is different to the one described by #1.The newer Vaios have "gestural" touchpads which can be a real nuisance if you touch it unintentionally while trying to type.You can disable the touchpad (instructions here: http://tinyurl.com/2d95fzx ) and plug in a mouse.

geek_wombatunder, Feb 7, 9:24 pm

Vaio Gate is a desktop customization layer program for Vista and Win7 on those machines. It's bug-ridden bloatware.Uninstall it - plug in a mouse if you need it to get access to Add/Remove programs.

geek_wombatunder, Feb 7, 9:31 pm

Yes the cursor jumps around and when i click on a programme nothing happens ( this is after the computer has been on a couple of minutes) I am typing this on my spare. I use a mouse all the time the touch pad is too slow.

geek_finky1, Feb 7, 9:44 pm

From my experience. this is usually from liquid damage and when the computer is cold the spilled goods are solid. when the computer heats up it liquifies and starts to play games.

geek_sunshine60, Feb 7, 10:08 pm

I have never had liquid near the computer.

geek_finky1, Feb 8, 12:50 pm

I am uninstalling vaiogate and vaiogate default as advised and a new vaiogate programme will be installed so that should fix the problem.Thanks for your help all.

geek_finky1, Feb 8, 6:32 pm