WIRELESS ADSL ROUTER recommendations?

We have a Cisco WAg 160N. We keep losing connection randomly. Seems this model is renowned for this.
Other makes / models I have been investigating seem to have mixed reviews, with a lot also suffering from signal drop outs.
We would like a reliable ADSL Wireless N router.
One that has a history of reliability. We are getting fed up of consistently re-booting the one we have.
Any recommendations, ones based upon personal expereince
Thanks

Oh and YES I did a search to the left.

geek_hapukanz, Feb 10, 2:41 am

I recommend the NETCOMM NB6PLUS4Wn. It is a solid performer.
http://pbtech.co.nz/index.php!item=MODNCM1065

geek_robotnik, Feb 10, 3:52 am

I've got the WAG 320N, it locks up every few hours if you use the parental control option in the unit. That aside its been a really good unit.

For myself i have been looking at the "Netgear DGND3700" the router only version was one of the best & this unit seems the same but with a modem in it. Note that this unit will do 5ghz & 2.4ghz at the same time.

geek_mush13, Feb 10, 12:19 pm

I've got the WAG 320N, it locks up every few hours if you use the parental control option in the unit. That aside its been a really good unit.

For myself i have been looking at the "Netgear DGND3700" the router only version was one of the best & this unit seems the same but with a modem in it. Note that this unit will do 5ghz & 2.4ghz at the same time.

PS. If you are using the parental control option inside your router, delete the parental profile's & you may have fixed your problem.

geek_mush13, Feb 10, 12:19 pm

TP LinkW8960N

geek_agarn, Feb 10, 12:32 pm

yes the best bang for your buck has to be the TP Link W8960N.

The version 1 linksys wag160n routers were pretty good but the new version 2 linksys wag160n routers are rubbish and are still being sold with faulty firmware (v2.00.20) installed on them that when connected wirelessly it allows you a maximum download speed of around 2Mbps, these routers also suffer from overheating issues.

geek_princelee, Feb 10, 5:29 pm

Ok thaks for the suggestions

Any comment, on this one!

Thanks

geek_hapukanz, Feb 11, 3:54 pm

Anyone have experience of the newer 5GHz wireless adsl/routers!

geek_hapukanz, Feb 11, 7:06 pm

linksys x3000 good range seems to go well for the price

geek_ossieborn, Feb 11, 9:32 pm