PRINTER :: Brother or Epson ?

jfor, Feb 10, 7:34pm
I am going to buy a new printer,any suggestions ! only need a basic one, I dont need a fax but want a wireless one . I do a few photos from time to time.

ayglepaygle, Feb 11, 1:52am
Bumping - I'd be interested to know as well.

exwesty, Feb 11, 1:54am
How much do you want to pay!

comfreak91, Feb 11, 2:33am
ive always used brother based on the ability to buy the 3rd party ink cartridges cheap. Usually 20-24 for a full set on Trademe and never had them leak or spill in 5 years. If its for photos , regardless of brother or epson I would still get them done at the store at a photo booth. Brother still does them fine though.

jfor, Feb 11, 6:57am
No sense paying too much, .less than $ 200, . just reliable and eco
nomical on ink, otherwise its cheaper to chuck it and get another.Come on someone must be able to recomend something !

exwesty, Feb 11, 7:02am
I'll sell you a brand new Epson stylus photo Tx700W, Print, Copy, Scan, Photos and print CDs.

It's got WiFi and ethernet as well.

newbie5, Feb 11, 7:37am
Put up an auction

jfor, Feb 11, 7:58am
exwesty.how much.tell me more !I will look up the reviews.
thanx

otako, Feb 11, 8:22am
I second #4. You can buy a new brother multifunction for $80 and the cartridges are cheap easy to buy compared to HP. Have a DCP 195C The dcp line is a popular seller for home use though Canon multis are also well liked.There are many secondhand dcp 165/195 in perfect condition.

One thing if you want to print on dvd's you should look for a canon with a dvd ttray, they have a few models for that.

otako, Feb 11, 8:22am
I second #4. You can buy a new brother multifunction for $80 and the cartridges are cheap easy to buy compared to HP. Have a DCP 195C The dcp line is a popular seller for home use though Canon multis are also well liked.There are many secondhand dcp 165/195 in perfect condition.

One thing if you want to print on dvd's you should look for a canon with a dvd tray, they have a few models for that.

liamjosh, Feb 11, 8:32am
I've always purchased Brother printers for work and found them very reliable.Brother HL3040CN is networkable and is their basic colour laser.If you want to print photos though you are probably better off with an inkjet printer, maybe a Canon, Epsom or HP

mrfxit, Feb 11, 8:39am
Epson for photo quality
Brother for cheap cartridges
Hp for reliability
Lexmark/ Kyocera for your enemys

All inkjets/bubble jets HATE sitting & ALL get really expensive on carts with lots of usage.
Get something like 500 / 1000 if you are lucky pages to a set of carts

Would rather spend double the amount & get a laser printer.
Don't care about sitting for a few months/ carts do 10,000 to 20,000 pages

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)