Exchange just got upgraded to ADSL2+ and

We are still getting the same crap speed. less then 3mbps.same speed as when we had ADSL. I emailed telecom and they said theres nothing wrong with the speed. i thought being upgraded would of gave us better speed

geek_xxxrapidfirexxx, Feb 21, 1:30 pm

depends entirely how far away you are from the exchange/cabinet. quality of the phone lines . quality of your internal phone wiring . and if your ADSL router sucks or not.

geek_gibler, Feb 21, 1:44 pm

! is your Router capable of adsl2

geek_agarn, Feb 21, 1:46 pm

That would be the one i'd say, Or what plan are they on

geek_swivel, Feb 21, 2:07 pm

the exchange is less then 500m down the road, telecom said quality of the ph lines are good and yes we have the newest telecom modem that they gave us 2months ago

geek_xxxrapidfirexxx, Feb 21, 2:50 pm

the connection speed in your router should have changed

geek_esawers, Feb 21, 3:08 pm

Did you try restarting the modem since the upgrade!
You should be getting much faster than that, Im about 500m from box and getting about 14mbps down and 1mbps up

geek_omzig, Feb 21, 3:54 pm

No i just got home and checked it, its still 832 up/7,616 down, same as when we had ADSL. I rang telecom last week and the lady on the phone said we gotta change plans or something, i doubt that will do anything.

geek_xxxrapidfirexxx, Feb 21, 6:12 pm

Actually no i havn't, i might give that a try and see if it does anything. It says this when i go to here

http://www.telecom.co.nz/internet/broadband/learnabout/adsl2

''This address is connected to an exchange which has already been upgraded with ADSL2+ equipment''

geek_xxxrapidfirexxx, Feb 21, 6:16 pm