DND-313 Setting up folder access

DND-313 Setting up folder access I've just finished installing and setting up our NAS on a D-Link DNS-313. I can set up the shared/public folder alright, but am having trouble setting up individual user folders. I have created 'username' folders in the root, next to the public ('shared') folder, but whenever I try to open a my user folder, my login is rejected. A little help?

geek_barmanmyk, Jun 19, 10:53 am

I'm assuming you've set up users too Each user has to be set up with R/W permissions for their folder. If you have I reckon it may need a reboot. That helped when I was setting up my 323.

geek_derekguy, Jun 19, 5:28 pm

Tried that Set up Users with exclusive access from the root to their respective folders, plus 'all accounts' access to the shared folder. That works OK, until I come to log into my folder, when it rejects my PW. Rebooting resets everything...!?

geek_barmanmyk, Jun 19, 5:36 pm

Rebooting shouldn't reset everything Do any of the other users' passwords work for their personal folders? Also do you map the network drives to login to them?

geek_derekguy, Jun 20, 10:11 am

Yeah, it's wierd. I mapped the drive folders, which worked OK, but only my login wouldn't work. I *think* it's working alright now with a new userID, but won't say categorically!

geek_barmanmyk, Jun 20, 1:32 pm

Yeah a piece of advice with those D-Link devices they are quite picky when it comes to URLs and usernames/passwords. You can't use spaces or most characters. There are a few folders I tried to download from an FTP but because they had a '(' in the filename it wouldn't work. Also I couldn't have the password I wanted because it won't accept certain characters.

geek_derekguy, Jun 20, 3:35 pm