Ipad 2 the 3G not working

Updated the Ipad 2 to the new ios 5.1 and since then the vodafone 3G not working.
Tried lots of different things recommended by google search but still can't get it to work.
Anyone have any ideas!

geek_kelf1, Mar 18, 12:19 pm

Did you try here!http://www.vodafone.co.nz/help/device-support/user-guide/You might just have to review your settings as they may have just been erased by the update.

geek_cdb007, Mar 18, 12:39 pm

My one did the same thing - had to set the APN in the settings again. you could also try going into settings, general, network, cellular data networkand resetting settings (down the bottom) or ejecting and reinstalling the sim.

geek_mraffman, Mar 18, 3:58 pm

+1 for apn settings

iOS 5 seems to keep droping these. I have no idea why this happens, but we have to re-enter the settings about once every 2 months at work

geek_charles.j, Mar 18, 5:17 pm

thanks everyone
my ipad had replaced thetestraclear apn settings with vodafone settings (!) and thats why it wasnt working.
It's working fine now.

geek_kelf1, Mar 18, 5:19 pm

On phones or ipads! Phones should be getting a config profile from VF or TC. Anyways, a quick fix for that is to make a configuration profile with the iPhone configuration utility with just the APN in it.

geek_pyro_sniper2002, Mar 18, 5:35 pm

It happens in iPads running iOS 5 here at work. Drives me up the wall.

The APN settings just seem to vanish

geek_charles.j, Mar 19, 9:22 am

Yeah apply a policy, should fix it. I can make one for you to try if you supply email address and the apn settings.

geek_pyro_sniper2002, Mar 19, 12:01 pm

We've got policies here for the VPN and mail etc. No fix. It doesn't happen as often now though.

I believe it is a wide spread problem with iOS, after a bit of googling it seems a lot of other people are having the same problem.

geek_charles.j, Mar 19, 1:20 pm

Yes, I had this problem too. Very common with ipads.

geek_mattnzw, Mar 19, 8:09 pm