ReadyNas and media center setup advice please

I have the samsung bd-c5500 bluray player connected hdmi to the LCD 42'. The media disply shows all the source options- eg, dvd, usb, internet, and any file on the front usb plays ok.
I have just set up a new Netgear ReadyNas Duo V2 (2TB),and connected it to the 1gig network. It is DLNA certified.
The file structure (shared) is media\music, media\pictures, media\videos - as per out of the box.
The NAS is seen on all network P.C's, and all folders, subfolders and content are shown and can be played.
The BRplayer sees the NAS on the network but on access it shows options of music, videos, photos.
1 - I created sub folders under Music (audio & video). The BR shows the "audio" folder and plays the MP3'S, but dosent show the "video" folder or it's contents.

2 - I created sub folders under Videos (general movies, Kids movies, adult movies). When "Videos" selected on the BR, it brings up just one folder called "folders". When this selected, it shows all the "kids movies", and can play them. There is another folder displayed called "(null)".
When his selected, it takes me to the "adult movies" folder. When this selected, it displays SOME of the content - but will not play any (unsupported file format).

geek_john.s, Mar 14, 12:28 pm

So, is this a NASor BR player issue!
Do I need to also have a media centre player to get this to work!
I have searched through the online forums and now totally confused.

Any help appreciated :)

geek_john.s, Mar 14, 12:34 pm

It sounds like more of a DLNA issue, perhaps just a configuration one.
It makes sense for the video not to show up when you select the Audio 'folder' because DLNA can represent the content according to the type and even tags in it (such as seeing music by artist or album), basically ignoring physical folder structure unless you explicitly select to browse folders.Even then it will ignore irrelevant content when looking at Video or Audio.

Or it might just need a little time.DLNA servers index everything and that might take a while on the first start.

geek_cybertao, Mar 14, 1:18 pm

One of my intelligent freinds told me the story about this secrect:"i knew it 5 years ago. becos in the windows system. the "con" file is used to be as a central control root, which is in charge of the windows server. in the time of Windows 98 , the file of con is forbiddened to visit. for example, when you put "c:/con/ " in the address bar, your win98 computer will hang up and show the Blue Screen. It is kinda of bug. but in the win2000 , winxp and the following versions, Microsoft fixed it up. 5 years ago, many "hackers" use this bug to make tricky jokes with windows system. i knew it becos i got 2 degrees in my Uni. one is engineering, the secondary is Computer science. You can ask any CS student who was studying 5 years ago. they all know about "con" root."That's the whole story about this funny phenomena=)

geek_guest, Aug 3, 7:17 pm

My experimental video cealld A Deaf Fable, using sculptured art pieces from Laumeier and City Gardens parks. (A Deaf Fable was an official selection at the 2011 St. Louis Filmmakers Showcase)Premise of video: if sculptured art could hear and speak, what would they ask?Answer: to be heard (just like real deaf folks)(Shot/edited and scored)

geek_guest, Aug 5, 11:01 am