ACER cash back did you receive yours?

Bought an ACER note book with a cash back, posted it and didn't receive any money even though it was in their system (but not now).
Did this just before CHCH earth quake so that took over priorityanddid not follow this up at the time. I believe I'm not the only one to not get paid. Just interested to know

geek_atlantis3, Apr 9, 5:30 am

I'd never buy an Acer, not even if they gave me the entire price back.

geek_lythande1, Apr 9, 8:06 am

It can take eternity!

geek_supertech1, Apr 9, 9:43 am

I bought an Acer tablet with a voucher offer and received after only a few weeks.
You will obviously need to contact Acer with all details but after so long, the outcome might not be a happy one.

geek_nzmu, Apr 9, 11:11 am

The sooner they stop this crap the better. They're stealing YOUR money. Can't you see that! I always give any "deals" like this a wide berth. And Acer are absolute rubbish.

geek_hakatere1, Apr 9, 1:13 pm

I hate cashbacks and think they should be banned. I had the same problem with HP and their cashback. They blamed the company they subcontracted out to on the delay. Eventually got the cashback, but it wasn't worth my time in the end.

What I did, and what you neeneed to do, is go back to the retailer and get them to contact the manufacturer, as they are required to sort it out for you, as they are the ones that sold you the product and the deal. If you continue to have problems say you are making a compliant to the commerce commission.

geek_mattnzw, Apr 9, 2:57 pm

I hate cashbacks and think they should be banned. I had the same problem with another computer company and their cashback scheme. They blamed the company they subcontracted out to on the delay. Eventually got the cashback, but it wasn't worth my time in the end.

What I did, and what you need to do, is go back to the retailer and get them to contact the manufacturer, as they are required to sort it out for you, as they are the ones that sold you the product and the deal. If you continue to have problems say you are making a compliant to the commerce commission.

geek_mattnzw, Apr 9, 2:57 pm

Agree with Mattnzw - Yes I got a cashback from Aceron one compter, but I bought 2 at the same time, and never heard from them on the 2nd. I would be asking for the price off the front of the deal next time and tell the retailer to get his money back.

I won't trust these deals again.

geek_rawill, Apr 9, 4:47 pm

never had any problems last one meantI got a lap top for $290 new from bond &bond not the flashed but great for the kids
hard drive and screen would cost me more than that to replace wish
I had the money to get more of them at the time.

geek_ossieborn, Apr 9, 5:39 pm