Printer Suggestions

shagged, Apr 15, 7:37pm
looking to buy a new printer. I want a mulit function one that prints/scans/copies and it also has to be wireless.

Print quality doesn't have to be perfect.not looking to print photos or anything like that just the odd text document.

Looking for something $150 or less that is low mantience and doesn't chew through ink. Suggestions please

cybertao, Apr 15, 8:04pm
With or without the moon on a stick!

marlin9, Apr 15, 8:16pm
Okay try Office Max as they are offering just that - it a Brother (Wireless) and $129 with $30 cashback - friend got his yesterday after seeing the brochure at my place - I am getting mine later this week, offer good until 30th April.
Available on MFCJ430W - MFCJ625DW - MFCJ825DW models

marlin9, Apr 15, 8:20pm

ceebee2, Apr 15, 10:34pm
Get a canon.DSE had them on special recently for $60.00. Be aware that the cheap printers have less tanks (Bi, Tri colour) and will cost jheaps more for refils as one colour runs out of the Bi, Tri you waste the others having to replace them. Economy is in the more tanks the better.dearer of course.

duggin, Apr 16, 3:50am
If you can get a reasonably priced printer use it until the cartridges run out then buy a new printer.Have a friend who does this - always has a new printer, 'cause the cartridges are often more than a new "budget" printer is worth.Mind you, you have to be OK swapping to different brands of printers.Someone I know bought a cheap printer for $69.00, used the ink cartridges then sold the printer as-is for $70.00 and bought another one.Something to consider.

bowla3, Apr 16, 6:27am
Buy a Brother and get your cartridges from this place. http://inkspot.nscoc.com

marlin9, Apr 16, 6:51am
@bowla - you work at or own this place!

bowla3, Apr 16, 7:02am
No. I don't. I don't work anywhere. I'm well retired, but I do know the physical address of this place as have bought fruit from the orchard next door.

marlin9, Apr 16, 9:33am
May have to give them a try some time.

marlin9, Apr 16, 9:34am

Got my one today - husband gave it as my birthday present - being set up Wednesday night.

pcmaster, Apr 16, 10:49am
so why does it have to be wireless!

marlin9, Apr 16, 7:38pm
Cos I have desktop and laptop and unplugging and replugging has driven me nuts.Also have family who come from overseas on business and means they can print as well.

shagged, Apr 16, 10:30pm
So I can print from my iPhone and ipad

shagged, Apr 17, 1:53am
Got one today to from warehouse stationary same price with cash back deal

marlin9, Apr 19, 9:13am
Mine in and working brilliant - best thing i ever did, sit in the sun work from laptop and print in the other end of the house.it even turns itself on prints and turns off again - should have done this years ago

spyware, Apr 19, 10:26am
Wireless refers to connection between printer and access point/router and has nothing to do with unplugging and replugging anything. Printer can conect to switch or router with a patch lead and you can use wireless on devices to connect to access point/router.

spyware, Apr 19, 10:26am
Wireless refers to connection between printer and access point/router and has nothing to do with unplugging and replugging anything. Printer can conect to switch or router with a patch lead and you can use wireless on devices to connect to access point/router.

EDIT: It seems that many people are under some delusion that your laptop connects directly to the printer so therefore printer needs a wireless interface.

waynenz, Apr 19, 10:55am
I have one of the Brother multifunction MFC-J430W, is a good reasonable priced computer.

shagged, Apr 20, 5:35am
How did you get it to print wirelessly. I have set it up with the install disc to print via wireless (modem/router) and I can print photos using control centre 4 but I can't print a simple text document.

If you try and print straight from say a word document page it just comes up with error and won't print document

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)