ADSL modem drop outs any ideas?

HIYA
I have a TP LINK 300M Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router
Model No. TD-W8960

I bought it from PB Tech a couple weeks back,
When I first set it up it was rock steady.
Recently however I have been experiencing random drop outs from the wireless connection.
I am not sure if it happens on wired.
The Internet connection drops out and then re acquires a few seconds later. This problem will repeat at random intervals.
It is not just my laptop either. Another laptop on the network also suffers the same problem, so it appears to be an issue at the ADSL Modem end!

Any ideas! getting a little frustrating now
Thanks

geek_hapukanz, Apr 26, 11:56 pm

And the usual lack of info. How about posting attenuation and sync speeds. Get a master splitter filter installed at demarcation point.

geek_spyware, Apr 27, 6:36 am

even before that, establish if it's the wireless dropping out or the ADSL side of the connection. You can do this by leaving a 'ping' running eg "ping -t 192.168.1.1" in a terminal and next time 'the internet' has stopped, see if there's still a connection to the modem. Or log into the modem and bring up the status page . which will show you both if you still have a wireless connection to the modem and what the ADSL side of things is doing.

geek_little_egypt, Apr 27, 7:58 am

geek_law.house, Apr 27, 9:24 am

Would be good to know what wireless security your using. and is anything running on cable to the router! as running a ping over wireless to test the adsl would be a bit silly. are you able to run a ping test to google! because the refresh rate on the router wont be instant, and so it may say connected but in actual fact not be. and what OS are you running! is it the same on both computers!

geek_sunshine60, Apr 27, 9:49 am

Try changing your wireless channel.

geek_johnf_456, Apr 27, 10:45 am

Backup router settings to your laptop then reboot router or turn off/on. Some routers require a reboot once per week to clear memory space.

geek_otako, Apr 27, 10:47 am

Start off by resetting your router, turn everything off, unplug it all, stick it all back together and see how it is

geek_wellystretch, Apr 27, 10:48 am

OK in response
Have done a hard factory re-set and re installed the security. Using WPA-PERSONAL with a 32 character long password.
Have changed channel a few times. I am running inSSIDer to see what channels are being used locally. I have changed to an unused channel.

Have the latest firmware installed

Attenuation is 65 dB

Speed UP602KBS
speed DOWN15225 KBS

THANKS

geek_hapukanz, Apr 28, 1:25 pm

MORE INFO

.-
. downstream.Upstream
Line Coding(Trellis):. On.On
SNR Margin (0.1 dB):.121.-
Attenuation (0.1 dB):. 150.78
Output Power (0.1 dBm):.193.-
Attainable Rate (Kbps):.18320.-

geek_hapukanz, Apr 28, 1:30 pm

.-
. downstream.Upstream
Line Coding(Trellis):. On.On
SNR Margin (0.1 dB):.121.1-
Attenuation (0.1 dB):. 150.78
Output Power (0.1 dBm):.193.126
Attainable Rate (Kbps):.18320.60-

geek_hapukanz, Apr 28, 1:31 pm

damn formatting LOL

geek_hapukanz, Apr 28, 1:32 pm

UPDATE
Ok I have 3 laptops connected to our network.
2 are connected wirelessly and one connected ethernet.
The two wireless laptops are running WIN 7 and UBUNTU
The ethernet one is running WIN 7
I noticed in internet drop out occour about 5 mins ago.
Checking all 3 latops showed that there was no internet connection.
HOWEVER I could still access other devices on our home network, specifically a NAS box ( which is connected to the router by Ethernet cable) from the wired laptop.
So it seems it is definitely at the MODEM end of things!
Just need to work out now why it keeps dropping, and for such short periods too. Usuallyabout 10 - 15 seconds!
Thanks

geek_hapukanz, Apr 28, 4:39 pm

Line interference. Try with all other phoneline devices unplugged and the modem plugged straight into the wall with no filter.

geek_lugee, Apr 28, 4:44 pm

Get a new computer now! its a laggggggger

geek_drcspy, Apr 30, 9:02 pm