Gaming Machine

wilbur, May 18, 2:50am
Hi there.... looking at building a gaming machine in a few months, I realize some components may change between now and then but would like some opinion on this potential build list and if people had any ideas on good places to get parts:

Corsair Vengance DDR3 1600 2x4gb RAM

LG BluRay Drive

Corsair 750w modular power supply

Cooler Master CM690II Advanced Case

Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge CPU

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H mboard

Sapphire Radeon HD7850 Video Card

Seagate Barracuda HDD, 1000GB, 7200rpm, 64MB Cache, SATA 6 Gb/s

Antec KUHLER H2O 620, Watercooling kit (possibly Zalman CNPS20LQ)

Samsung Series 3 S24B350H Monitor, 24" LED

Windows 7 64bit (possibly 8 if its out before the build?)

I think thats the majority of items... dont think ive missed any important components.

I was thinking about an ssd. But as far as I read its only really beneficial for boot times and has no effect on gameplay? (boot times im not worried about really, im happy booting from a HDD, and the fact that you can't recover files from an SSD is a bit worrying.)

Just trying not to add on items that will increase what im paying and not really give me much extra, unless what I have read is wrong of course.

So, any tweaking one might make on any of the components, bearing in mind the price...?

Lastly, good retailer recommendations? I am familiar with PBTech and the Ascent website. Ascent are looking the most likely at the moment as they have some good feedback and seem to have more in stock of what I want than PBTech.

Appreciate your feedback!

wilbur, May 18, 2:50am
PS. This will be my first ever build :)

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)