Word/Excel

Hi looking for free equivalents (must be compatable also) to these programs I can download for free.

thanks

geek_fullom, May 31, 2:19 pm

LibreOffice (does everything). 99% compatible.
AbiWord (just wordprocessing). 98% compatible.
Gnumeric (just spreadsheets). Dunno, maybe 98%.

geek_r.g.nixon, May 31, 2:42 pm

open office also

geek_drcspy, May 31, 3:01 pm

google docs

geek_wellystretch, May 31, 5:38 pm

compatibility not even remotely guaranteed. Heck Microsoft Mac Office documents can fail badly opened with the Windows Versions (and vice versa).

geek_gibler, May 31, 6:04 pm

You can download Microsoft Word and Excel for free, it comes with a 60 day trial license. It's the full software package.

The part you have a problem with is buying the license, this isn't a download rather it's a web order or a license key in packaging that you buy from a computer shop.

geek_gyrogearloose, May 31, 9:31 pm

I use ms office 2010, 2007, libreoffice and google docs depending on where I am, haven't come across any issues yet

geek_wellystretch, Jun 1, 11:18 am

Are you doing anything outside the norm! We use a heavily customised version of word at work(macros etc), other office systems that do open word docs can struggle some times.

geek_pyro_sniper2002, Jun 1, 11:27 am

That's a good point, no I have lots of add-ons in word and a few in excel, no macros or anything like that, just extra tools for sensitivity analysis and some other stats type stuff (because it is easier to transfer data using excel compatible programs than work between behemoth complexity stats programs sometimes)

geek_wellystretch, Jun 1, 11:33 am