Apple iPhone 4s VS Samsung Galaxy S3

Which is better! In my opinion the 4s prevails with its simplicity, the amazing app store, the great camera, and the overall look / feel. I feel that the s3 looks a bit cheap / plasticy. Which is better! What will be better when the iPhone 5 comes out! ;)

geek_12nick12, Jun 3, 2:47 am

Galaxy S3 is just so much better than an iPhone 4S.It out-performs it easily and has more features.Oh and you do know it has a 4.8" screen right as opposed to the (what was it!) 3.5" one.Heck, even my (now old) SGS2 was a much better phone than that of the iPhone 4S.Most people put cases on their phones nowadays anyway so the plastic feel don't really matter, I tended to like that feeling from the S2 and I hear the S3 feels more robust.But in the end, as I type I get the feeling that this is a troll thread, so I end with the saying - "Each to their own".

geek_jovu55, Jun 3, 4:25 am

Galaxy S3 is just so much better than an iPhone 4S.It out-performs it easily and has more features.Now that SIRI is officially not unique, haha.Oh and you do know it has a 4.8" screen right as opposed to the (what was it!) 3.5" one.Heck, even my (now old) SGS2 was a much better phone than that of the iPhone 4S.Most people put cases on their phones nowadays anyway so the plastic feel don't really matter, I tended to like that feeling from the S2 and I hear the S3 feels more robust.The feel and overall weight doesn't help in the droppage department (as a lot of iPhone users already know).But in the end, as I type I get the feeling that this is a troll thread, so I end with the saying - "Each to their own".

geek_jovu55, Jun 3, 4:25 am

Do you really believe what you said! ;)

geek_smoothjazz, Jun 3, 6:15 am

Looking at the shattered screens on a few of my friends iPhones! Galaxy hands down.

geek_cameragod, Jun 3, 8:15 am

Cheap and plasticky! If you see the waist-high drop test on youtube, you will realise that the iphone comes in ugly last behind Samsung and HTC.Just goes to show that marketing and perception doesn't always equal substance.

geek_mone, Jun 3, 8:36 am

I think the s3 feels less "cheap and plasticy" than the previous versions but not that it has ever bothered me. As above just because something feels like it is built like a brick shthouse doesn't me it is. For the huge size it really does feel nice in your hand. The screen really did blow me away, watching HD videos is amazing. 20 Burstphotos in under 4 seconds.

geek_stc10, Jun 3, 9:16 am

I have the S3, it's fantastic.

It's buttery smooth in its operation, extremely fast, great camera (same sensor as the iphone I read somewhere). It's made of plastic but it feels extremely solid and well built. The screens looks awesome too, iphone is far too small in my opinion.

geek_suicidemonkey, Jun 3, 9:18 am

I have one of each. Although I'm not really interested in phones and performance etc (I use them for calls, texts and emails and that's it really). I must say I like the screen size of the s3. Further down the track I may notice bits and pieces different, but the screen size is what's got me right now lol.

geek_jcmp21, Jun 3, 9:30 am

Screen size is purely personal pref. I mean if you like big screen sizes you could get the Galaxy note. I think my S2 is as big as i'd want to go. single handed operating is on the borderline.

geek_acura, Jun 3, 9:44 am

The glass on the iphone is the same as in airplane windows, so don't know how people break them, plus i find your fingers can have a better grip on the glass.iphone all the way for me.

geek_klc1, Jun 3, 9:47 am

I've shattered the glass on two iphones. I've had 3 android phones with gorilla glass since then, dropped them a few times, no breakages :-)

geek_suicidemonkey, Jun 3, 10:25 am

lol how can u even compare the Iphone 4S to the Galaxy S III, they're a generation apart. I actually feel sorry when I see people with their Iphones because its so tiny in comparison

geek_jscnz81, Jun 3, 11:04 am

and not to mention good old apple has the iphone locked down. Android on the other hand is far superior than the IOS, and it works well on any os linux mac and windows. Not having a Samsung Galaxy but my friend has one and have used his one a couple of times have found it more comfortable and easy to use the app store is great as well, oh and the best thing about android phones is that you don't need a third party software to update and the likes ie iphone=itunes. android=plain and simple mass storage.

geek_btoogood, Jun 3, 11:13 am

I just brought the S3 love it "IPhone Killa"

geek_fish_man2, Jun 3, 12:14 pm

geek_henry284, Jun 3, 1:42 pm

Wife has a 4s, i have a S3, they are not comparable by any means, the S3 will be comparable if not superior to the fabled iPhone 5 if/when it ever is released. iPhones are a 'dumb' smartphone, if you want a great experience out of the box without the hassle of learning a smartphones ability then apple all the way, if personalizing and 'having it your way' matter then you can't go past Android and in particular the S3

geek_n1-spec, Jun 3, 1:48 pm

^ mate, that's what jailbreaking is for ;)

geek_12nick12, Jun 3, 2:13 pm

Why! That kind of defeats the purpose of purchasing an iPhone.

geek_henry284, Jun 3, 2:19 pm

all fanbois must agree on something. competition is good.

geek_gibler, Jun 3, 2:21 pm

Be it an Apple fanboi or an Android one, thats very true.

geek_pyro_sniper2002, Jun 3, 3:02 pm

If airplanes had the same glass, they would falling off the sky every minute.I have personally seen about 7 iphones with broken screen.

geek_mone, Jun 3, 3:02 pm

Nope it just opens the door.

geek_massived, Jun 3, 8:00 pm

I'd rather buy a phone and do whatever I need to do without having to hack it and potentially void the warranty. Hence I use Android now.

geek_suicidemonkey, Jun 3, 8:18 pm

apple fanboiz going to hate. the flagship device for android comes out and apple fanboiz need something to hate on because they feel as if there device has been forgotten.

geek_2nd2none, Jun 3, 10:04 pm

*pulls out neck of black skivvy with index finger to let steam out*

geek_jcmp21, Jun 3, 10:07 pm

The iphone 5 will be out soonish, so you may want to wait for that, as that will be the true competitor to the s3. Noone knows what it will have , but leaks show it may have a longer/bigger screen.The iphone4s is really a generation behind, so not really a good comparison. But apple do make very nice products, although I do think some of their polish has been lost over the last year with some weird design decisions with interfaces.

geek_mattnzw, Jun 3, 10:08 pm