No luck downloading Adobe digital editions

on my Samsung Galaxy Tablet. Keeps on saying does not meet minimum requirements. Have it already on my laptop.

geek_maxi42, Jun 7, 3:48 pm

Do they have an android OS equivalent program! My quick search revealed that they have versions built for windows and mac, not android.

geek_wellystretch, Jun 7, 3:54 pm

Hi,thanks, I don't know what OS is but it has Android3.0. I just want to start reading books on it.

geek_maxi42, Jun 7, 8:38 pm

Ok the following guide is written for an e-reader called alkido, you don't have to use this particular app, there are many alternative e-reader apps that will work with the books. All of these apps and alternatives are available on the google play store. Here's the guide:

From Aldiko support: (I'm sure many other file managers besides ASTRO will work too)

For importing library books into Aldiko app, please try to follow these steps:
(1) Go to your local public library??s website on your computer, select any eBook in Adobe ePub or Adobe PDF format, check out and then download the eBooks files. Normally, libraries will offer you an acsm file for each eBook, please make sure this.
(2) Put the acsm file in either the SD card or internal memory of your device, depending on the model of device you are using.
(3) Download and install a file manager app called "ASTRO" from the Android market. Use the file manager app to locate the acsm file.
(4) Tap on the acsm file in the file manager app. If you have verified your device with an Adobe ID already, the eBook will be automatically downloaded and imported into your bookshelf in Aldiko. If you haven??t verified your device with an Adobe ID before before, you should see a pop-up window which asks you to authorize your device with an Adobe ID. After authorization, the eBook will be automatically downloaded and imported into your bookshelf in Aldiko.
You don't need to use Adobe Digital Editions (ADE).

geek_wellystretch, Jun 7, 8:56 pm