HTC desire vs Latest I phone

chazboner, Jun 27, 10:08am
hi I have a htc desire cool phone poor reception do you think an I phone will be better I am told the I phone has dual anntennas and is the best phone for poor signal areas any coments !
Cheers

vtecintegra, Jun 27, 10:12am
How are you gauging reception! The bars mean very little and are not comparable between different phones.

What network are you on and what version of the Desire do you have! You must make sure your phone supports the frequencies your network uses.

As for strong signal I'm not aware of any smartphone that excel in that area (iPhone isn't great either) - the old Symbian based Nokias were good but I'm not sure how the newer Windows Phone models are.

suicidemonkey, Jun 27, 10:47am
I had the Desire, had no problems with reception at all. I've also had the Sensation, iPhone 3G, 3Gs, Galaxy S II and S III. I couldn't say that any of them had better/worse reception than the others.

black-heart, Jun 27, 10:47am
If you want the best "phone" for a poor signal area, don't get a smart phone at all.

dodoman, Jun 27, 11:12am
Well. Ive found that my iphone holds a signal alot better than other phones.
The audio quality is also quite amazing.
No experience with the desire though.

suicidemonkey, Jun 27, 11:44am
Well that's a comment i'd love to see some facts to back it up

flick13, Jun 27, 8:13pm
I have a Desire S - and it has the best reception out of any phone I"ve had, and any phone I've compared that other people have.
Mainly at my house. Inside my house, with most phones, it has several dead spots.
With the Desire S I can go everywhere in the house and always have 1-2 bars.
Compared with my friends Iphone (3 I think) which is ok at the front door - and the kitchen, but anywhere else and it has no reception.

venbar, Jun 27, 8:22pm
both daughter and son in law have I-Phones and have found them to both be a bit lacking for good reception and that is evenin the auckland area

black-heart, Jun 27, 8:36pm
by default smart phones want to use 3G. unless you change their behaviour they merrily drain the battery 'finding' that non existant signal in a bad area. Then theres the web you try to use those 'smart' features when you've got a 2g signal. I'll hatch a pigeon egg train the bird and send a message, lets see who has less frustration.

suicidemonkey, Jun 28, 2:21am
Well in the 3 years I've used smart phones I've never found it frustrating, maybe user error!

When I want to use the web, it works. when I want to send a text, it works. My battery lasts two days. I never have no reception. Everything is dandy and covered in sunshine and rainbows.

black-heart, Jun 28, 2:39am
You never have no reception, so why even make a comment! The OP clearly stated they have poor signal.

vtecintegra, Jun 28, 5:35am
2G is fine for email and light browsing and 3G coverage is over kost of the country provided you phone supports the correct bands (i.e. 900MHz for vodafone, 850MHz for Telecom)

Actually Telecom XT network is 3G only, there is no 2G fallback no matter what type of phone you have

black-heart, Jun 28, 6:04am
Did 2G get a speedboost! I remember a lot of timeout errors and just not bothering in the end. That was a few years ago, and I don't travel as much anymore so possibly its improved.

cessna3, Jun 28, 7:28am
My Desire HD has better reception than my old iPhone 4 did where i live, using the same sim card.

suicidemonkey, Jun 28, 8:06am
The OP is interested in buying a new phone to get better reception. I was stating the phones i've had that I haven't had any reception issues with.

Seriously bugger off.

chazboner, Jul 2, 10:39am
Well guys I have made the change after side by side comparisons at home and in my workshop where I have had poor coverage I find the Iphone has better coverage i havent dropped any calls so far and I have better sound clarity I like the Iphone operating system easy to use butt. a whole new ballgame lol very happy with my new phone thanks for your coments

n1smo_gtir, Jul 2, 1:03pm
i got a HTC trophy running WP7.5 and even in the wop wops, i still get 2degrees signals 2 bars min.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)