How to remove one audio stream from an AVI file

I have a movie which has both Russian & English audio files, I want to remove the Russian stream, I gotinstructions from here a long long time ago, I d/loaded a program which worked very well, somehow I can't find any trace of what or how I did it, please can anyone help me with this.

geek_stoats, Jun 27, 7:15 pm

This is what I use and is free

SolveigMM AVI Trimmer + MKV

geek__sms_, Jun 27, 7:23 pm

can you just use a media player like VLC which will let you select the audio stream to playback

geek_king1, Jun 27, 7:23 pm

I can't help you. This is where they dub them, isn't it! And usually, it's just one persons voice, for all of the actors, isn't it!

geek_badcam, Jun 27, 7:24 pm

While playing the video in VLC, Media Player Classic etc, right click the video being played and you'll have some options there to change audio streams. For example with VLC, after right clicking, go to 'Audio', then 'Audio Track'.

geek_meelo12, Jun 27, 7:27 pm

what i was actually wanting to do was dissable the "Russian" audio stream out of the movie all together before I write it to DVD as it plays approx 2 seconds after the english audio, this makes it near impossible to watch.the program I used was something like "VirtualDubMod" hopefully I may never nead to do this ever again but was annoyed at myself after having done it once so effectivly then losing the knowhow.

geek_stoats, Jun 27, 8:58 pm

sorry for posting this twice

geek_stoats, Jun 27, 9:00 pm

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/virtualdubmod.htm.

Been a long time since i used it but if i recall you just open the video, the go to the audio section and add/remove streams.

VLC also has option to convert/save - you could also try that

geek_king1, Jun 27, 9:05 pm

Something like yamb.

geek_mr-word, Jun 27, 9:55 pm

Thanks very much king1, it sounds very much like the one I d/loaded, it was so easy to use & worked just great.I will look at it tomorrow got a big day ahead . I must also thank everyone else on this site, you are all Soooooo helpful (-:

geek_stoats, Jun 27, 10:09 pm

+1its great i use it to remove ads from freeview.(once ive converted it to avi :)

geek_velenski, Jun 28, 1:26 pm

I know a audio remover called iDealshare VideoGo which can remove audio or audio tracks from all kinds of video files like MP4, AVI, DivX, Xvid, WMV, WTV, MOV, MKV, ASF, RMVB, MPG, FLV, WebM, OGV, MVI, AVCHD, 3GP, DV, MOD, TOD, TS, RM and etc on Mac or Windows

Step by step guide at http://www.idealshare.net/video-converter/how-to-remove-audio-from-video-mkv-mp4-avi-mov.html

geek_newluckyharney, Sep 3, 8:06 pm