Internet Banking question

If I was to deposit some money via internet banking now, how long would it take to go through! ASB to Kiwibank. TIA (:

geek_sallymag, Jun 16, 3:40 pm

the recipient would get it tuesday morning

geek_drcspy, Jun 16, 3:42 pm

you've done 748 trades and you have to ask this !

geek_drcspy, Jun 16, 3:42 pm

New to Internet Banking :) I always go into the bank to do deposits.

geek_sallymag, Jun 16, 3:47 pm

Check with your bank, some will go straight through if the two banks are the same but generally they do the transfers every week night at certain time.

geek_rahto, Jun 16, 3:50 pm

1 business day. I have an account with kiwibank and ASB and it usually takes 1 business day.

geek_combocaz, Jun 16, 3:51 pm

It seems to vary.I transferred money from my BNZ a/c to a Westpac a/c yesterday at 9pm.It was in the other person's a/c today.

geek_paulmc, Jun 16, 5:00 pm

I have noticed and saw something briefly on the news that the banks are doing 2 or 3 "runs" a day now of transfers. I've had money show up same day from different bank via interent banking.

Typically though, yes overnight weekdays

geek_outbidyou2, Jun 16, 5:06 pm

Say the transfer is done at 3PM, does that mean the money would be in the next day, say at 8AM! If it was done on a Friday, would that mean it goes in on the Monday!

geek_jcmp21, Jun 16, 5:07 pm

On Friday means visible in another bank by early Saturday morning, if not later on Friday.

geek_r.g.nixon, Jun 16, 5:10 pm

If you process it today, ASB will transfer the payment to Kiwibank at 9.15am Monday morning
https://www.asb.co.nz/story24915.aspx!utm_source=Home&utm_medium=Carousel&utm_campaign=Interchange

Kiiwbank also have hourly processing during a business day so it could be in the Kiwibank a/c as early as 10am.

FROM KIWIBANK SITE:
Payments from other banks
Payments coming into your account from other banks will be processed between 9am and midnight on business days. This means you might receive payments throughout the day, instead of only overnight.

ASB & Kiiwbank since end of March /beg of April are the only 2 banks that do hrly processing.
The other banks also pay & process payments during the day but not as frequently.

geek_linzis, Jun 16, 5:17 pm

Clearly they do or they wouldn't have asked.DUH!

geek__sms_, Jun 16, 5:18 pm

Kiwibank & ASB are the only 2 banks that publish this new info on their sites. what do the other banks have to hide!

geek_linzis, Jun 16, 5:22 pm

Nothing to hide - just don't want to promise if they cant always deliver.

Not sure if its always the same, but I notice ASB seems to have a cut-off after 10:30pm (yes I'm often online then) so the transaction is scheduled for next day,
ASB to ASB usually goes through within the hour or even sooner.

geek_gj, Jun 16, 5:45 pm

Now now drcspy! some of us still like the old fashion way.

geek_ttaotua1, Jun 16, 6:29 pm

Depends on the bank. For instance it is the National back, it will be tuesday morning before the money will appear in your account.

geek_juliew3, Jun 16, 9:21 pm

W pac seem to run after 10pm Monday thru Friday. So deposit Fri will show up about 2am Sat. Deposit after 10pm Fri will not show up till 2pm Tuesday (approx)
Sorry that's 2am Tuesday

geek_richard112, Jun 16, 9:35 pm

How long does it take if someone from kiwibank puts money into my asb account for it to get there?

geek_guest58, May 11, 5:08 pm

last time i got some money transfered from my cousins asb to my kiwibank it only took maybe 2 hours to go in

geek_guest, Sep 22, 1:10 pm

how long take from bnz to kiwi bank

geek_guest_jayden, Dec 4, 2:35 pm