Problems with a 20" LCD Acer Monitor. V203 HB

I purchased the above from Noel Leeming on 19th May, 2011.Stopped working in Sept, and they repaired in Oct, 2011.Had a lovely birthday present on Friday, 3rd Aug, 2012,NOT -as stopped working again.I run it off my HP laptop ( had it when I had a desktop, which died, and loved the bigger screen, so kept using it on Laptop. ) Easier when you are my age, with a bigger screen.I am sure they should last longer than that, for what they cost!

geek_matthews4, Aug 4, 7:09 pm

That model should have cost bugger all - its very entry level.

That said it definitely should have lasted for longer than that - take it back to the retailer and ask for a replacement

geek_vtecintegra, Aug 4, 7:12 pm

Yes, I will take it back, just wondered if anyone else had problems.Have to take back to Thames, which is our closest shop, darn it.Loved the screen, so much better than viewing on Laptop, so sad it stopped working.Might be bugger all cost to you, but for a retiree like me, is a luxury.

geek_matthews4, Aug 4, 7:39 pm

Any monitor should last at least 5 years.

geek_r.g.nixon, Aug 4, 7:59 pm

Thanks for that.Very annoying, and find it hard just looking at LT screen now.

geek_matthews4, Aug 5, 8:55 am

http://www.consumer.org.nz/reports/consumer-guarantees-act/putting-it-right

print that off and take it with you noel lemings are not well regarded for 'service' when it comes to faulty appliances.

you have a 'substantial fault' there.so demand your money back or a new replacement.they have NO option.

geek_drcspy, Aug 5, 9:05 am

Acer monitors come with a standard 3 year warranty.

geek_stevel_knievel, Aug 5, 9:37 am

Don't get me going about Noel Lemming. I have just been successful with a court application against NL Ltd (they settled in full a week prior to the court date). Assert your rights.

geek_johnston, Aug 6, 6:50 am