Apple Mac ejecting a disk?

My mac wont eject a disk. I have tried all the usual eject buttons and reluctant to try anything 'new'. Can anyone make any suggestions before I take it to repair shop! Many thanks.I have tried dragging disk icon into trash but that just freezes whole computer and I have to crash it.

geek_eadgbe, Sep 6, 9:26 am

Restart the computer and hold the mouse button down or trackpad if it is a laptop while it is booting up and it should eject it.

geek_cdb007, Sep 6, 9:42 am

Its a desk top with a track pad and no that didnt work. Also tried drutil eject in the terminal.

geek_eadgbe, Sep 6, 9:50 am

i dont think you can even stick a paperclip in the new macs, i havnt seen "the hole" on the new ones anyway. Pretty sad that Apple think their users are not good enough to do such a simple task, that they expect you have to take it into the shop for them to get it out for you!

geek_nzoomed, Sep 6, 9:57 am

No - no where for a paper clip either!

geek_eadgbe, Sep 6, 9:59 am

Got it out by pressing option button on start up and then when HD icon appeared pressed eject button and out it popped. I had tried this before and it hadnt worked so if you having same problem keep trying!

geek_eadgbe, Sep 6, 10:14 am

I have had this problem before and honestly I can't remember exactly what it was that I did, but I do know I found the solution using google. So just try everything that comes up. Not a lot of help I know, but there was a solution out there that worked for me.

geek_skelevengeance, Sep 6, 10:49 am

This is a comment to the wetsbie owner. Does your wetsbie get enough visitors or rank for search terms on Google? Well we can help! We can provide you with a safe tiered link building system! This will help your rankings on Google and make your wetsbie more visible to your target audience. Take a quick look as I am sure you will be interested.

geek_guest, Aug 3, 6:55 pm

Hello,I've just followed your inottucrisns and it seem the patch has been applied.My RAW pictures are still 22MB though and in the menu I can see the same options as before.Is it an hidden improvement or do I have to look somewhere else in the menu to have uncompressed RAW files? If not, how can I be sure the patch is installed?Thanks!!

geek_guest, Aug 5, 11:02 am

Both D800 and D800E physically have low pass fieltr. They share the same body to avoid extra R&D cost and the difference of optical path .So Nikon should use a trick to turn off the current of low pass fieltr in D800E.

geek_guest, Aug 7, 1:20 pm