How play comp music through stereo via USB?

Have mp3s on PC that I want to hear on my 90s stereo - so just standard L and R aux inputs available. The existing PC speakers use the audio out so hoping there's a USB to rca(!) adaptor. The only ones I can find seem to be the 3 color ones for a TV.Will that work!

geek_brummoi, Oct 15, 12:29 am

You could copy my setup; my stereo has an AUX jack so I just use the 3.5mm to 3.5mm however in the back of my PC I have a 3.5mm male that splits off two 3.5mm female plugs so my stereo and computer speakers are always connected to the PC.

As for the RCA cord with the 3 plugs I see no reason why it would not work (yellow is the video output), however I believe these are available for next to nothing on TradeMe - as would the 3.55mm splitter.

Hope this helps.

geek_arcane3, Oct 15, 5:30 am

Do a search for USB sound card, the'yre on here from $4. Then use a 3.5mm stereo to 2 RCA cable to connect to stereo.

geek_stevel_knievel, Oct 15, 6:07 am

geek_jancemord, Oct 15, 6:55 am

As mentioned above, I use one of those 3.5mm splitters (i.e. 522218268) and a 3.5mm > 2xRCA cable . problem solved

geek_ammoola, Oct 15, 7:53 am

Awesome thanks guys. Splitter bought!

geek_brummoi, Oct 15, 8:02 am

Splitter and cable attached but sound is nasty! I guess this is because the signal is being halved and / or interference form the 'inactive' lead off to the stereo. Any thoughts please!

geek_brummoi, Oct 27, 3:55 pm

Turn down the volume on the computer - signal may be clipping because it's too high.

geek_stevel_knievel, Oct 27, 5:51 pm

hmm, it was more like I was only getting a partial signal through the PC speakers even though the stereo wasn't on at the time. i unplugged the leads on the stereo to no avail. I then unplugged the stereo leads from the splitter but still no good. The sound only came right when I unplugged the splitter and connected the PC speakers directly to the audio out on the sound card. The volume setting was fairly low throughout.

geek_brummoi, Oct 27, 7:09 pm

Sometimes the sockets can be stiff when you first use them and it can feel like you've pushed it in fully but you haven't - in that case you just need to push a little harder. Did the stereo sound ok when you tried it!

geek_stevel_knievel, Oct 27, 8:42 pm

good point and I'll try swapping them around as the stereo did sound fine

geek_brummoi, Oct 27, 8:46 pm

Less effort- It is beascue when you've a good one, you'll not have to go buying large amount of creditors or traders. They will almost certainly supply you with the best bargains in the market. They'll be interested in revealing you their solution or whatever it could be. But a bad score may trouble you beascue you'll have to locate a lender or supplier who will be ready to work with you despite your low qualification for their criteria. You'll be the one doing the chase, also if you get rejected it'll be seen on your document then you'll have to raise it up again simply to make your credit history look better. tri merge credit score | credit-report.org/

geek_guest, Aug 5, 11:21 am

I am a new comer to developing inteenrt sites and My partner and i was wondering if having your blog title strongly related your articles and also other content genuinely that essential? I discover your name, Khmer Karaoke Superstars does appear to be spot on with what your blog is all about however, I want to keep my title less content descriptive and based more all-around site personalisation. Would you would imagine this is a good idea or undesirable idea? Any help could be greatly respected.

geek_guest, Aug 7, 1:41 pm