New TV and connections.

geekrach, Oct 26, 1:27am
Hi, Hope this is the right place to place this thread. I have bought a smart TV, but am now having trouble with my DVD connection. I have SKY connecting to the composite input (which is ok) but cannot connect my DVD to the component - I get only a black and white picture with no sound.
Am I missing a cable or converter or something else!
Please help.

mgc54, Oct 26, 1:32am
Check your RBG component cable, make sure that the colours of the cables are correct from DVD player to TV sockets.
Usually right next door to the component input there should be sockets for Audio Left and right ( red and white), you will need a seperate , usually RCA to RCA cable for audio

mgc54, Oct 26, 1:32am
Sounds like you have the Red Green Blue signal cable mixed up somewhere.Check your RBG component cable, make sure that the colours of the cables are correct from DVD player to TV sockets.
Usually right next door to the component input there should be sockets for Audio Left and right ( red and white), you will need a seperate , usually RCA to RCA cable for audio

spyware, Oct 26, 8:23am
Using composite for Sky will give you a hideous analog vulgarity. Better off upgrading to mySky HDi and using HDMI interface.

spyware, Oct 26, 8:23am
Using composite for Sky will give you a hideous analog vulgarity. Better off upgrading to mySky HDi and using HDMI interface, the SD channels still look vulgar on any modern TV true to their low bitrate origin but HD channels make up for it.

timberman, Oct 26, 8:38am
Now you have a smart it is fantastic
Make sure to connect it up to your local network & you can stream videos,Images & sound to you tv.
Fantastic

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)