Urgent printer help please

mouse50, Nov 1, 12:10am
i have 2 computers and 2 printers when i printed a word doc on old comp and printer it mad it the default for word doc. i do not want this i wanted to go back to new comp and new printer but it won't let me. it's ok for web but not word doc HOW DO I FIX THIS I HAVE TRIED MAKING IT DEFAULT BUT STILL O GO ONLY WORD DOC PROBLEM! If you open a Word document, select the print command, choose a DIFFERENT printer (one different from . printer (one different from your "default"), and print the document. Then, quit Word and re-open it. Word will NOT revert back to your default printer. It remembers the "non-default" printer you last used.

gyrogearloose, Nov 1, 12:19am
Create a printer toolbar with buttons for each of the printers, so that you just click the button for a specific printer and you're done.

http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm

r.g.nixon, Nov 1, 12:19am
Use File > Print. and choose the printer each time.
Now that you have a "work around", the problem is not urgent.

mouse50, Nov 1, 12:24am
Use File > Print. and choose the printer each time.
Now that you have a "work around", the problem is not urgent. This did work but do i have to do it each time! thanks

drsr, Nov 1, 12:34am
The last printer you printed from is saved with the document as I recall.

hakatere1, Nov 1, 12:43am
So, if you've got a work-around that works, what's the problem in the meantime!. First world problem! I can't understand the urgency. Urgent is a heart attack or something.

gyrogearloose, Nov 1, 1:29am
Sometimes I feel invisible. I dropped everything, ran around, came up with a 1-click solution. not a workaround. *sulks*

trade4us2, Nov 1, 3:39am
Go to My Computer and click on Printers.
Select the printer you want to use, and click on Set as Default.

Depending on your OS of course!

shaneo2, Nov 1, 3:50am
That's what I thought

gyrogearloose, Nov 1, 4:13am
But no, you're wrong. The OP is correct in their observation about Microsoft Word.

shaneo2, Nov 1, 4:33am
You quoted my +1 but not the original statement,you feel overlooked ,now I feel picked on.

shaneo2, Nov 1, 4:33am
You quoted my +1 but not the original statement,you feel overlooked ,now I feel picked on.

If you can't set the default printer what's the point of being able to set defaults. Having to select it manually each time means it's defaulting to something.

_sms_, Nov 1, 4:51am
It's defaulting to the last printer you printed to!

gyrogearloose, Nov 1, 4:55am
Which post was your original statement!

I feel invisible, not overlooked.

The problem is not that you need to manually select it each timne because it's defaulting to something, the problem is that Microsoft Word remembers your last printer selection rather than using the Windows default.

gibler, Nov 1, 5:30am
hmmm I seem to remember this as some sort of annoying bug that got fixed eventually(might have been OS X).

You could also try resetting Word data/normal template

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822005

shaneo2, Nov 1, 5:36am
My point is it's not supposed to hence the OP's post

shaneo2, Nov 1, 5:38am
Here is the original statement which I didn't make but commented on.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)