Samsung smart TV

daniel993, Nov 12, 4:06am
I am using Samsung all share on my PC to stream media to my TV. Ever since I have owned a TV I have had to turn the router on and off every couple of days so my TV and access my PC not sure why I have to do this but it works.I Now have a new problem while I am streaming media it suddenly disconnects from my PC after around a hour then reconnects 15 min later. Any ideas what is causing this is it something to do with my router!

daniel993, Nov 12, 4:06am
I am using Samsung all share on my PC to stream media to my TV. Ever since I have owned the TV I have had to turn the router on and off every couple of days so my TV can access my PC not sure why I have to do this but it works.I Now have a new problem while I am streaming media it suddenly disconnects from my PC after around a hour then reconnects 15 min later. Any ideas what is causing this is it something to do with my router!

daniel993, Nov 12, 4:34am
somebody told me to disable UPnPand IGMP in my router settings would this help!

ooseven1, Nov 12, 6:18am
Computer isnt going into sleep mode is it!
Make sure in your power settings under multimedia settings that "when sharing media" is set to "prevent idling to sleep"

Might not be the problem but worth checking
Edit thats on a win7 PC not sure if earlier versions of windows have that

daniel993, Nov 12, 6:22am
I have set to the above hope that works.

daniel993, Nov 12, 6:22am
I have set to the above hope that works. I had my power settings set to sleep after 5 hours.

ooseven1, Nov 12, 6:31am
hope that works .im not sure of router settings .i didnt have to change anything on mine.

spyware, Nov 12, 9:08am
Servers typically have static IP address, i.e., give your PC a static IP address.

daniel993, Nov 12, 10:08pm
did not work.

daniel993, Nov 12, 10:10pm
OK so is this why it keeps dropping out!

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)