TV Tuning MY Sky

snowmoa, Nov 27, 5:57pm
Help Please

I would like to run a cable from my Longe TV connections to the TV inmy bedroom. I have the cable and thought it would be straight forward but NO! Can someone help me out as there seems to be no where in the main TV MY SKY to plug it.I am happy to only watch the same channel on the bedroom buy I just want the TV going Any suggestions Thanks :-)

snowmoa, Nov 27, 5:57pm
Help Please

I would like to run a cable from my Longe TV connections to the TV inmy bedroom. I have the cable and thought it would be straight forward but NO! Can someone help me out as there seems to be no where in the main TV MY SKY to plug it.I am happy to only watch the same channel on the bedroom TVI just want the TV goingAny suggestions Thanks :-)

ians2, Nov 27, 7:01pm
What sort of cable is it!

If (as I suspect) it is an aerial coaxial cable, then you will indeed have problems.

gyrogearloose, Nov 28, 12:48am
You need to purchase a modulator. Sky will sell you one, or you could buy one at Jaycar electronics.

hakatere1, Nov 28, 12:59am
We've got an old Motorola skybox with scart and composite red/white/yellow out. Scart goes to tv under skybox and composite cable runs neatly through wall into red/white/yellow plugs on back of tv in bedroom. When going to bed, just turn off main tv in lounge and leave the skybox running and watch tv in room.

snowmoa, Nov 28, 6:49am
Thanks I will get one from them and then what do I do! Will I be able to use all the cable I have bought

nowittle, Nov 28, 7:00am
you can do without the modulator by running the av cables to the other room. the modulator will set you back about$80 or use an old video recorder to modulate the signal, thier are wireless extenders that work well with the picture but the sound is shocking,the good thing about those is you can change channels from the other room,, so we use the wireless for remote and av cables for picture and sound, all bought from here for around $50 for 10 meter lenghts

nowittle, Nov 28, 7:09am
if you dont mind getting up to change channels you can do it for around $10 for 10 meters

gyrogearloose, Nov 28, 9:37am
AV cables won't carry the Freeview signal, whereas with a modulator you connect the UHF aerial and then have the choice of watching any Freeview channel or the Sky channel currently being played.

Sky can install the modulator when the install the MySky, if you ask. Or you buy the modulator from Jaycar and install it yourself.

Or, and I'm laughing already, you connect your old VCR alongside your new digital MySky as suggested. All your visitors will be impressed by your stack of technology.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)