What the 'f' have I done? TV / SKY

rachsta, Dec 9, 5:28am
This blonde had finished watching a blu-ray movie, and then tried to watch Sky. This didn't work immediately, and a second later Sky is up, but with no picture and just audio. I may have pressed something on the remote that chose the 'stereo' option for the screen. No plugs or fancy buttons on the tv were pressed, and it all happened in less than 10 seconds. It's a day later and it's still effed. I need to fix it to get back into the good books and fast. Can you help me!

rachsta, Dec 9, 5:37am
Now Video 2 / Component isn't working either. I may be in the dog box for some time now.

blenheim-trader, Dec 9, 5:53am
Might help if you said what make and model the tv was!

ians2, Dec 9, 5:59am
Regret that my crystal ball technician (Glinda, aka the good witch) is on a sabbatical at present and hasn't undertaken the routine maintenance required so my view of your setup is somewhat occluded.

tillsbury, Dec 9, 6:00am
Switch it all off, switch it all on again!

rachsta, Dec 9, 6:57am
Well obviously you can all read my mind, hence the post. It's big, rather square and a Sony. Me and technology never had a steady relationship.Switching it all off and on, and again 100 times has made faces redder, and words unsavoury.

rachsta, Dec 9, 7:02am
I'm thinking it's a 32" LCD Sony Bravia.

rachsta, Dec 9, 7:14am
Should also note that it changes Sky channels with the remote, but the yellow channel numbers in the right hand corner aren't appearing either.

spyware, Dec 9, 9:34am
Only Sky decoders change Sky channels. The TV can only change the channels from its inbuilt tuners, be it analog PAL or DVB-T.

hakatere1, Dec 9, 3:57pm
Tried changing the source on your tv remote! Sounds likeyou're getting uhf sky through your tv or dvd player which is sound only and no pic. Like spyware says you can only get sky through a sky box.

hakatere1, Dec 9, 3:57pm
Tried changing the source on your tv remote like scart or component! Sounds likeyou're getting uhf sky through your tv or dvd player which is sound only and no pic. Like spyware says you can only get sky through a sky box.

hakatere1, Dec 9, 4:00pm
First world problem lol.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)