MS Works 8 on Vista business error

Hi, I purchased a secondhand laptop (Acer Aspir 5710g), it was running vista home premium when I got it. Because it was lacking the D drive, I had to purchase a new copy of Vista as a precaution if I got a virus, not being able to create backup files. So got Vista business with SP 1 and did a clean install, and also installed SP 2. When it was Vista Home Premium I installed MS Works 8 on it no problem, but now with Business on I can't install, the error that appears is wrong OS. Any ideas why or what I can do. I know MS Works is not favoured by all, but there are some componenets I do use of it so would like to be able to install it. I did try running it in Compatbility mode and no luck.

geek_flower-child01, Dec 10, 9:34 am

Hi, I purchased a secondhand laptop (Acer Aspire 5710g), it was running vista home premium when I got it. Because it was lacking the D drive, I had to purchase a new copy of Vista as a precaution if I got a virus, not being able to create backup disc. So got Vista business with SP 1 and did a clean install, and also installed SP 2. When it was Vista Home Premium I installed MS Works 8 on it no problem, but now with Business on I can't install, the error that appears is wrong OS. Any ideas why or what I can do. I know MS Works is not favoured by all, but there are some components I do use of it so would like to be able to install it. I did try running it in Compatbility mode and no luck.

geek_flower-child01, Dec 10, 9:34 am

Works 8 is fine on Windows 8 64-bit (at least it can read database files).

geek_r.g.nixon, Dec 10, 11:53 am

works is for home use, wouldnt office do the same thing.only better

geek_nowittle, Dec 10, 7:47 pm