HP vs Acer?

Needing to upgrade my business computer.We have an acer vaio for private use and an HP for the company.Anyone have an opinion on which one would be better suited for a business situation!

geek_skinnywhitechic, Dec 10, 3:24 pm

What model HP

geek_pyro_sniper2002, Dec 10, 3:31 pm

What model HP EDIT: Never mind, are you saying you want to replace the HP you currently have! If that is the case then another HP will be fine as long as it's a ProBook or EliteBook. None of the consumer ones are any good.

geek_pyro_sniper2002, Dec 10, 3:31 pm

Lenovo perhaps.

geek_r.g.nixon, Dec 10, 3:32 pm

Sorry it's a Sony Vaio!Our HP is very old but was wondering if the Probook ones are any good!

geek_skinnywhitechic, Dec 10, 5:20 pm

Yes they are great computers.

geek_wellystretch, Dec 10, 6:01 pm

avoid acer at all costs.

geek_quotejoss, Dec 10, 6:40 pm

I second lenovo.

http://shopap.lenovo.com/nz/en/products/laptops/!menu-id=learn&ref-id=products

Check 'em all out. Plenty specials. Won't tie up cash before Christmas. Bang it on cc.

geek_hakatere1, Dec 10, 7:53 pm

Do be aware Lenovo systems often take quite a while to ship. The T series is pretty solidly built though, so its worth it - I rate my personal T430s above the much more expensive HP Elitebooks we use at the office

geek_vtecintegra, Dec 10, 7:56 pm

Acer

geek_stevel_knievel, Dec 10, 8:22 pm

Also checkout the HP EliteBooks. Or Toshiba

geek_yabastuff, Dec 11, 6:13 pm

Out of interest have you had to use Lenovo support at all! I assume they are next day on-site like HP!

geek_pyro_sniper2002, Dec 11, 7:16 pm

Only my personal laptop is a Lenovo and I haven't needed to request service on it so I don't know how their onsite is.

I did need to request a new battery by phone as the one my laptop shipped with was part of a bad batch - not too impressed with how long a replacement is taking but the phone support people are friendly and polite.

geek_vtecintegra, Dec 11, 7:32 pm