VHS Adapter Cassettes

Is there anywhere in NZ where I can buy these cassette Adapters to view video camera tapes on a VCR

geek_meleh, Dec 23, 6:23 pm

If you mean those small VHS-C cassettes, I tried a few years ago to find one new within NZ and ended up having to get it from Amazon.com. This one:

http://www.amazon.com/Maxell-290060-Cassette-VHS-C-Adapter/dp/B00012F6A6/ref=sr_1_7!ie=UTF8&qid=1356242055&sr=8-7&keywords=MAXELL+VHS

geek_chnman, Dec 23, 6:55 pm

If you mean those small VHS-C cassettes, I tried a few years ago to find one new within NZ and ended up having to get it from Amazon.com. This one:

http://www.amazon.com/Maxell-290060-Cassette-VHS-C-Adapter/dp/B00012F6A6/ref=sr_1_7!ie=UTF8&qid=1356242055&sr=8-7&keywords=MAXELL+VHS

geek_chnman, Dec 23, 6:55 pm

Does this work for Panasonic tapes

geek_meleh, Dec 23, 7:08 pm

As long as your cassettes say VHS-C, and not 8mm. What do your Panasonic tapes say!

geek_chnman, Dec 23, 7:23 pm

Reading some of the Amazon reviews may cause concern. It did for me before purchasing, though the dearer electronic type/battery operated was much more expensive, and luckily I tried the one mentioned previously and it worked for me. I took on board the review titled "Important instructions in this review" and it was easy to use. The only issue with my video recorder was that rewinding the tapes took a while.

I see some reviews on Amazon talk about Panasonic - don't know anything about those. Do you have any other brand VHS-C tapes you can compare with to see if they differ!

geek_chnman, Dec 23, 7:35 pm

You're wasting your time using a VHS-C adapter to view tapes; instead, you should be using it to make 1 pass through your legacy tapes capturing them to digital format, such as DVD, so you never need to use the VHS-C adapter again.

geek_gyrogearloose, Dec 23, 8:06 pm

I am after one to be able to copy to dvd format later, at the moment our video camera is broken and the only way to view the tapes is through the adapter .

geek_meleh, Dec 23, 8:19 pm

geek_chnman, Dec 23, 9:02 pm

geek_chnman, Dec 23, 9:02 pm

And don't forget to replace the AA battery inside the adapter, that pulls tight the tape.

geek_gyrogearloose, Dec 23, 9:14 pm

I want to put all my vhs-c tapes onto my computer.
I have 2 problems.
1) my camcorder is kaput
2) my vhs-c to vhs adaptor will not play in my newly acquired $35 mitsubishi black diamond vcr(I can play vhs tapes on it)
Any ideas why the thing don't work?
It powers up and brings the tape up to where its meant to go but the vcr won't play,fast forward or rewind
cheers

geek_pedro, Aug 6, 4:30 pm