Video Driver?

Hi there.My laptop which is a Toshiba Satellite is telling me my video driver is incompatible can someone please tell me what I have to do to fix this! Thanks

geek_gypsy271, Dec 31, 11:43 am

Install CSI special edition and it will investigate what to do.

geek_gyrogearloose, Dec 31, 11:51 am

What OS! (Windows version)
Do you have a second screen attached!

geek_gj, Dec 31, 11:56 am

Windows 7 and no I don't

geek_gypsy271, Dec 31, 11:57 am

What exactly does the message say! When does it appear!

geek_vtecintegra, Dec 31, 11:58 am

I was setting up a game for my son to play (Sherlock Holmes) and it just came up in the Toshiba Bulletin Board stating that my video driver is incompatible with this version of windows

geek_gypsy271, Dec 31, 12:02 pm

The game requires better video performance than what yours can provide! Just a thought. If it's a boxed game, have a read.

geek_hakatere1, Dec 31, 12:44 pm

Open device manager (Click Start button then type devmgmt.msc and Enter)
Click Display adapters and double-click the one listed to show details. What is the device name, and what does it say under Manufacturer. Does it say it is working correctly!

geek_gj, Dec 31, 1:30 pm

I've decided my new years resolution is 1920 x 1200 . just letting you know.

geek_little_egypt, Dec 31, 1:45 pm

as a thought, maybe the Toshiba Bulletin Board was offering you a driver to update that it found but recognized it was the wrong one.Sounds dumb I know but stranger things have happened

geek_king1, Dec 31, 2:09 pm

ffs, update your video drivers. if that doesnt solve your problem either your hardware is horrifically out of date or the game probably isnt worth playing anyway if it has no driver support.

geek_schizoid, Dec 31, 2:58 pm