Can Someone Give me Some Advice Please

f8 works but it won't boot up in safe mode or any of the other opitions it has. It tries too boot up then fails and goes to launch start up repair page and when I try that it trys to boot and then the screen goes blue and it stays there until I turn it off. Also Happy New Year to everyone that reads this.

geek_waiuku_family, Jan 2, 12:14 am

Ok this is where I'm at now I've done a memory test =passed, Smart Check=passed and a Short DST=failed this is the failure ID I got: 9AG7VK-SJ76G1-XD002K-60TA03
Hard Disk 1

Can anyone tell me what a short dst is as google isn't my friend tonight.

geek_waiuku_family, Jan 2, 1:29 am

Disk Self Test failed - your hard drive is toast!
Is there a long test you can do as well, just to be sure.

geek_gj, Jan 2, 1:37 am

I have a HP Pavilion dv6 laptop which as windows 7 installed. The proplem I've got is when I turn it on all I get is a blue screen and nothing else I tried doing a system restore which didn't work and neither has launch start up repair. So is there anyone here that could give me an idea on how I can fix it. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can send my way.

geek_waiuku_family, Dec 31, 10:13 pm

you could try and get another windows 7 disk and reinstall it mack sure its the same as the key on the bottom of the laptop or it may have a bigger fault like ram or video ive had two dv6's with cooked graphics now

geek_beast9, Dec 31, 10:22 pm

Don't some laptops come with a windows restall program installed in their memory somewhere and if they do does anyone know how to activate it.

geek_waiuku_family, Dec 31, 10:27 pm

AFAIK these days when you first start up the system you are required to create your own back up CDs or DVDs or even a USB drive.

I've had similar probs in past and it turned out to be a faulty ram chip.My systems ran 2 chips so I could do a bit of swop/remove/trial and error.

Have you tried to boot into safe mode!

geek_cowlover, Dec 31, 10:33 pm

It won't let me get into safe mode and I did a memory and all the other tests and it came up with this fault ID 9AG7VK-5J769P-XDOO2K-GORRO3 and the product id number is XV807PA#ABG .

geek_waiuku_family, Dec 31, 10:39 pm

a google search comes up with ati graphics on hp dv6 so it sounds like a driver issue

geek_beast9, Dec 31, 10:44 pm

Ok thanks can you tell me I could go to find out how to get the driver I need and once I find it can I download it on to an external HD I have here then use that on my laptop. Cheers for your help.

geek_waiuku_family, Dec 31, 10:47 pm

Ok thanks can you tell me where I could go to find out how to get the driver I need and once I've found it can I download it on to an external HD I have here then use that on my laptop. Cheers for your help.

geek_waiuku_family, Dec 31, 10:47 pm

XV807PA#ABG put this in to google it gives a big list of other drivers to
it will be a finding what one it is thats causing the problem

geek_beast9, Dec 31, 10:53 pm

start it in safe mode or use last known good configeration.

geek_exwesty, Dec 31, 10:57 pm

Ok thanks I'm trying it now.

geek_waiuku_family, Dec 31, 10:57 pm

What keys doI push for safe mode I've done it before but can't remember at the moment.

geek_waiuku_family, Dec 31, 11:04 pm

I pasted that number into google and a heap of sites came up which all lead to a www.devid.info site has anyone used or know this site.

geek_waiuku_family, Dec 31, 11:22 pm

F8 (early and often).

geek_r.g.nixon, Dec 31, 11:42 pm

Usually either F2, F8 or F10

Different manufacturers use different keys, either that or turn it off a few times during boot and it'll bring up the recovery console because it stops booting.

geek_exwesty, Dec 31, 11:43 pm