Help with restoring 3g network connection please

Hey guys,

After reading an article on how to increase android battery life, I changed the network settings on my phone to only use 2g. Thought this was cool until I wanted to use an app requiring 3g, so reverted back to 3g setting but still I can??t access anything across 3g.

The screen shows the 3g symbol (with the little H and up/down arrows) and the network as Vodafone 3g, yet I can??t access my account Vodafone app, google play or any other app requiring 3g. Have tried calling out & in and that works, so it is connected to a network at least.

Have searched thru the settings and can??t see anything obvious, even tried a restart with no luck.

Anyone able to suggest a start point! I can??t even find where to revert to factory original settings.

Phone is a galaxy ace S5830 running gingerbread if that helps

thanks!

geek_sooby, Jan 22, 8:45 pm

What exactly do you mean by 'I changed the network settings on my phone to only use 2g'!

geek_vtecintegra, Jan 22, 8:51 pm

Hi,

On 2Degrees/Vodafone you can force your phone to connect to the 2G network and disable 3G. This is a setting under mobile networks. Experience with this seems to save quite a lot of battery, but obviously only suitable for those who those who don't use 3G services that often - data is quite slow when only on 2G.

http://www.gpforums.co.nz/thread/420599/!s=41c2a3306ae09fe96c11c9f6d66d5123

geek_sooby, Jan 22, 8:58 pm

Yes but as your quote says switching the phone to 2G only will not stop anything from working it will just make mobile data slower.

geek_vtecintegra, Jan 22, 9:00 pm

Under mobile networks in settings did you uncheck mobile data!
Or have you changed other settings,

geek_2nd2none, Jan 22, 9:05 pm