DIY Website Creation Sites - Advice needed pl

Have looked at Domainz today - but seems too technical.well for me anyway :/they don't seem to have a big range of templates either. Can someone please suggest some other DIY website outfits that you may have used or heard of - preferably a company who has 24/7 phone support rather than just email contact. To have a website created by a website designer will cost me thousands.so DIY looks to be the only option at this stage. TIA

geek_pawznfinz, Jan 15, 8:41 pm

I use weebly.com. Don't know about phone support but there are plenty of tutorials on using their site on youtube.

geek_dice4, Jan 15, 9:22 pm

You won't find anywhere in NZthat will have phone support 24/7 for an online website builder, or if there is it will not likely be cheap.
You can probably get a website done for around 1k qute easily.

geek_mattnzw, Jan 15, 10:06 pm

Wix is pretty good. They have excellent 24 hour support - even for free sites.

geek_matakatia, Jan 15, 10:09 pm

Most webhosts have a free website builder or just get a blog

geek_newbie5, Jan 15, 10:43 pm

They are asking for 24 hour 'phone support'.

geek_mattnzw, Jan 15, 10:55 pm

But hosts won't provide support for them, at least not most of them, as they will say they are 'third party', and to contact the software vendor. It sounds like the OP may need a lot of handholding over the phone, which is expensive to provide, hence why they maybe better to hire someone, as it isn't that expensive if they shop around.

geek_mattnzw, Jan 15, 10:56 pm

Oh thats interesting, i was told and the ones that i have rung so far to enquire - they all start from $3500+. might do a bit more digging then.thanks

geek_pawznfinz, Jan 16, 6:36 am

1K is easy

geek_jancemord, Jan 16, 6:52 am

can you refer someone who can for that amount pl.

geek_pawznfinz, Jan 16, 7:15 am

For sure.
At $6 a month, people seem to expect the earth.

geek_lythande1, Jan 16, 7:22 am

Sorry, are you in the right thread! Who said anything about $6 a month.let alone expecting the earth for that! :o)

geek_pawznfinz, Jan 16, 7:34 am

Sure a big company might, but a contractor or small company shoul dbe able to setup a wordpress or concrete 5 website with a template cheaply.

geek_mattnzw, Jan 16, 1:38 pm

Now you will get untold ones coming on here and saying they will build youa site for around $500 .but remember they are not qualified web designers most are just students.
If you want to get it done properly with support then use a reputable web design company and dont let them talk you into using their hosting company

geek_newbie5, Jan 16, 5:30 pm

I've used www.freeparking.co.nz for hosting as well as they website builder.They're in the naki and have great phone support, not sure if it's 24/7 though.They may not be the cheapest but they're not the most expensive either and they are in NZ.

geek_aph, Jan 17, 9:16 am

Actually many of the web design companies you see ads for have propitiatory CMS systems, which they require you to host it with them. Although that means you are essentially only leasing the website, as it can't be moved elsewhere.

geek_juliew3, Jan 17, 1:24 pm