my Browser freeze every time.
Have re-installed it 3 times but no difference,still freezes the Browser
I have Win7 as OS
Pentium 4 3.0 GHz CPU
2GB 667 Mem
Plenty of HDD space
NVIDIA GeForce 7100 GS Display
ViewSonic VX2262wm [Monitor]
Would be grateful for any help.to fix the problem.I want it to work with my Graphics Tablet. [Generic make]

geek_iamgod1too, Jan 13, 8:48 pm

Your computer is not really up to spec to run those sorts of programs very well, upgrade may be in order.

geek_wellystretch, Jan 13, 9:14 pm

Photoshop CS3 system requirements
Windows.
Pentium 4, Intel Centrino, Intel Xeon, or Intel Core Duo (or compatible) processor
Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or Windows Vista Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise (certified for 32-bit editions)
512 MB of RAM
64 MB of video RAM
1 GB of available hard-disk space (additional free space required during installation)
1,024 x 768 monitor resolution with 16-bit graphics adapter
DVD-ROM drive
QuickTime 7 software required for multimedia features
Internet or phone connection required for product activation
Broadband Internet connection required for Adobe Stock Photos* and other
services.
Surely my Sys is sufficent isn't it! Compared to above specs!

geek_iamgod1too, Jan 13, 9:20 pm

That's the MINIMUM system requirements, i.e you should be able to run the program on your computer, to be able to run the run the program with system resources to spare you need a bit more grunt mate.

With photoshop running > Right-click on your windows taskbar at thebottom of your screen > click on Start Task Manager > click on processes tab > then click on memory to see how much RAM it is using, or CPU to see how much processing power it is using. Photoshop should be at the top of both lists.

geek_wellystretch, Jan 13, 9:29 pm

Thanks for that.
I un-installed it but I will try again tomorrow and see what is happening in STM. cheers

geek_iamgod1too, Jan 13, 9:41 pm

Most new computers should have no problems running photoshop using average sized files, with larger files, plugins running, multiple files open etc even dedicated workstations with an i7 and 8gb RAM + can struggle.

But computers are cheap anyway compared to adobe prices, $1600 for CS6 at the moment, it will run fine on a $1000 computer.

geek_wellystretch, Jan 13, 9:44 pm

I'm about to install CS2 on my $80 computer. I'll report back shortly.

geek_r.g.nixon, Jan 13, 9:47 pm

Is it a legal copy!

It should run ok on a comp of those specs, as I have that version, and it ran on computers with lower specs

geek_mattnzw, Jan 13, 9:51 pm

stabs in the dark, but lower it's memory footprint in preferences (ctrl+K) and cache, history etc and check graphics card settings (though I think they didn't start introducing accelerated graphics until CS4!).

what browser!

does it freeze instantly or after a while! What is freezing specifically! rendering, loading.

geek_-mung-, Jan 13, 9:58 pm

ah yeah, if you have some weird activation hack, could it ever be that it is repeatedly trying to reach the activation servers at the expense of everything else! Does/can that happen!

Any adobe plugins or something in the browser that might interact with photoshop!

geek_-mung-, Jan 13, 10:01 pm

CS2 is working fine for me. Pentium 2.8, 2GB 667MHz, onboard i945G video, Windows 8 64-bit.
I opened an 80MB BMP and applied a coloured gradient twice. Should I try something else!

geek_r.g.nixon, Jan 13, 10:03 pm

I run CS3 just fine on a Dell Inspiron 6000 with pentium M 2.13ghz and 2gb ram, integrated graphics. Having said that I don't tend to run any other applications while I'm using it.

geek_bluecambridge, Jan 13, 10:09 pm

CS3 needs manually activating doesn't do it automatically. The OP has said it freezes the browser. That sounds strange as phtoshop doesn't run in the browser, it is a standalone program.

geek_juliew3, Jan 13, 10:26 pm

Shhhhhhh Shhhhhhhhhhhh Don't tell every one as they will ALL want one.
Of course it's legal.Ever Nut ,Bolt & Screw.We're not all dishonest you know.

geek_iamgod1too, Jan 14, 12:19 am

When I say that it freezes the browser it's because I have to gone into youtube at the same time to watch the Tut on CS3. Then even when I am notusing the CS3 I bring up the Web and try to go into. ie: Google,TM or my Website and it freezes. After I uninstall it every thing goes back to normal.I have tried to use this program by reinstalling a couple of times and it still has the same problem.Uninstall and everything is smooth running again.
I have been told that I should download Flash player again. Don't know if that will help or not.

geek_iamgod1too, Jan 14, 12:33 am

try moving the scratch discs onto different drives on your PC, that often helps when it is hoeing into your memory

geek_dms01, Jan 14, 12:33 am

Start,,, Go to Moz and within 2.5 secs it's frozen. Have to restart to work again. I might try CS2 and see what happens.

geek_iamgod1too, Jan 14, 12:42 am

Sounds like your Firefox has a problem. When you say 'restart', surely you mean 'kill' Firefox, not restart the computer!

geek_r.g.nixon, Jan 14, 8:15 am

Hey r.g. did you get a free CS2 download from here! http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

geek_deej5, Jan 14, 6:17 pm

CS3 will easily run on your PC.

geek_azza20, Jan 14, 8:57 pm

Have you checked out your task manager with PS running yet! Interested to see what kind of resources you are using.

And yeah as a poster mentioned earlier, in the options somewhere you can set limits on how much memory etc. PS sucks up.

geek_wellystretch, Jan 14, 9:50 pm

Yep, I've got a P4 machine, and it can't handle running anything together with PS CS3, especially for big edits.

geek_annie.nz, Jan 15, 12:39 pm

Check the sequence of your scratch disks (preferences). Put the biggest first.

geek_r.g.nixon, Jan 15, 1:09 pm

Well, my old girl definitely didn't like CS3. Tries 3 more times.So I went out and got CS6 and not a problem. Runs smooth.Only one glitch. When I go to use the Cropping tool my photo .dissapears. I hear that it is a video card problem and until I can afford to get a better one, this one will have to do for now. No biggie there as I use 'Microsoft Picture it 10' lots so I can always crop Pics in there then use CS6 after. No more Freezing.Thanks all for your advice.

geek_iamgod1too, Jan 15, 11:53 pm

Where are your getting your software from! CS6 is thousands to buy, and CS3 isn't sold anymore anyway as it is the older version of CS6. CS6 shouldn't run as well on older computers as it has higher computer requirements, so I would think CS3 should run better and faster than CS6 on an old computer.

geek_mattnzw, Jan 16, 1:44 pm

Are you for real. Thousands! ROTFL.
Obviouslyyou are not very knowledgeable about Computers. Or the price of items.By the way, as we speak I have CS6 running too,so stop Trolling

geek_iamgod1too, Jan 16, 2:27 pm

For mattnzw
Adobe Photoshop CS6 = 554.00 and CS3 = 549.00

geek_iamgod1too, Jan 16, 3:14 pm

geek_wellystretch, Jan 16, 5:28 pm

Great, insult people who try to help you. Classy.

As WElly pointed out above, you are actually incorrect, it is over $5000 for the full version of CS6 master collection. For just photoshop extended it is still $2000. The basic one is around 1.5k.http://www.ascent.co.nz/search.aspx!T1=cs6&D1=2101

geek_mattnzw, Jan 16, 5:48 pm

Also where are they selling CS3 still! Adobe don't sell it anymore. It is years and years old, and $549 even for the student version sounds a lot for such old software. Infact the Ascent website has the student version of just photoshop Extended CS6 for $255.

geek_mattnzw, Jan 16, 6:16 pm