Cant print screen anymore.

Tried the Print Scrn key, Alt-Print Scrn, Ctrl-Alt-Print Scrn, 3mths ago it was working fine and now nothing. IE8 with automatic upgrades.

geek_purplegoanna, Jan 30, 3:58 pm

What operating system! And do you have Microsoft Office (I recall that can stuff up the clipboard)!

geek_r.g.nixon, Jan 30, 6:00 pm

virtualbox can mess with the clipboard from experience,,,

geek_king1, Jan 30, 7:39 pm

download greenshot and use that for all your screenshots, sooo much better that anything else and free.

geek_keithmoon1, Jan 31, 12:40 am

+ YES +

geek_gj, Jan 31, 12:51 am

Or SnapCrab.

geek_r.g.nixon, Jan 31, 8:11 am

How can 3rd party programs be better and easier then pressing prntscrn!

geek_jahemian, Jan 31, 9:35 am

You obviously haven't used one - Even the Windows 7 Snipping tool is better than just print screen, but Greenshot is the best free app I've used next to Snagit (which is not free). It lets you select the screen capture area (to pixel accuracy), includes the cursor in the snapshot which you can re-position or remove, options to add drop shadow, highlighting and annotations etc. and all the annotations including the cursor are layered so you can bring to front, and more. I use it often when producing professional quality user manuals. It replaces the print screen key, so its only just one click, without having to use Ctrl+PrtScn or Shift+PrtScn.

geek_gj, Jan 31, 9:56 am

I had this problem also, now I have to use FN key with the PRTSC keys, the ALT key no longer seems to do it!

geek_karlacaldwell, Jan 31, 10:42 am