Acer laptop, Windows 7 issue.

Hey guys, i have had a problem with my wife's Win 7 laptop and hoping one of you guys can help me, a few weeks ago it just wouldn't start up and kept getting to the windows icon then looping restarting, i tried to repair but it wouldn't work, it won't load in safe or any other mode. I then ran Kapersky repair and all seemed to be fine so i backed up the stuff i wanted to keep to an external HD and then used my retail disk to try and reinstall windows which i had no luck as, as soon as it gets past the language/country section it just stays at that point and goes no further. Could i format the harddrive in an enclosure on another computer then install Windows again or does it seem the HD is gone and a new one is needed. Thanks in advance for any help guys ;)

geek_monsieurl, Feb 9, 12:12 am

Try a HDD diagnostic program.

geek_r.g.nixon, Feb 9, 8:31 am

Try it. You really have nothing to lose. It's a wonder you didn't get a message from S.M.A.R.T. if it's the hdd and if it's not disabled. If you need a new hdd, I urge you to replace it with an ssd. They are huge step up in terms of speed. Faster than any ram upgrade and getting cheaper every day.

geek_hakatere1, Feb 9, 8:47 am

Thanks for your sugestions guys I will give it a try tonight!

geek_monsieurl, Feb 10, 12:09 pm