Panasonic TV 42" Plasma service over 1 month?

erdrick, Feb 12, 6:24am
We are now told that the power supply part won't be in NZ until 22 Feb, the Panasonic repairers (Taupo) have had our 5 mth old TV for a month!
Is this normal!

rayza59, Feb 12, 6:52am
No.What happened to the warranty!
Whoever you purchased it from should've replaced the tv with a new one.

erdrick, Feb 12, 7:06am
We just assumed it would be repaired under warranty, at no cost of course. It seemed a minor fault/repair - just can't believe Panasonic parts are not held in NZ and have to be imported!

gj, Feb 12, 7:46am
You may have purchased it new - but was it a discontinued model on sale!

erdrick, Feb 12, 7:48am
Yes, but why should that make a difference!

graemehw, Feb 12, 7:53am
They should of dropped off a 32" LCD at least on request

gj, Feb 12, 7:53am
Because it may have been manufactured over 2 years ago, and no spares remaining in stock locally. Its one of the risks of buying 'on special' but the manufacturer still has to honour the warranty. Ask the reseller to arrange a free loan until its returned - no harm in asking!

1830, Feb 12, 8:48am
As a matter of interest ,what is the model number

zeroh, Feb 12, 8:53am
Sounds pathetic , you can get Toyota car parts ex Japan within 10 days usually , but that's car parts . Tho' don't see why T.V should be different given the +thousands+ worldwide .

wellystretch, Feb 12, 9:14am
Sure can, when they are off the shelf parts. Takes a bit longer if they are waiting for them to be produced though aye.

mwood, Feb 12, 9:40am
My (lost) replacement Mercedes car keys took 2 months to arrive from Germany - car sits in driveway.

erdrick, Feb 12, 11:59pm
Its a THP42X50Z

_drdee_, Feb 13, 1:12am
That's not really a fault with the parts is it.

_drdee_, Feb 13, 1:22am
Under the CGA the repair has to be completed in a reasonable amount of time and parts must be available for it.
This is where interpretation comes in as to what is reasonable. Most agree that anything over 30 days starts becoming un-reasonable.

1830, Feb 13, 10:17am
Thanks,but not same model as mine

hakatere1, Feb 13, 1:55pm

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)