Telecom Bill out of control Advice needed please

Just a bloke at home, bit of internet, cell phone and homeline. Nothing fancy. I like lots of texts and only need 30GB data for my son and I.
Every time I try to adjust my account I get someone overseas from Telecom who actually makes it bigger. My bills are four pages long with credits for things I don't use. It's really weird.
My bills are under $200 a month and I reckon that's too much for a bit of Trade Me looking and a few calls on my 027. I'm not a big user, am I getting done like a dinner!

geek_fhpottery, Mar 3, 4:03 pm

Oh and then I get more credits for things they stuffed up, and it's more confusing than understanding why National are selling our assets.

geek_fhpottery, Mar 3, 4:05 pm

You need to be on their $75 plan - it will give you 30GB until the end of this year (its on special at the moment).Next year it will go back down to its normal 15GB, and $80.But you can always up your plan in January 2014 if necessary.As for your mobile, you can go prepaid and spend $12 for 2500 texts, or attach it to your landline for $19 a month, which will give you 60 minutes of calling, 5000 texts and 50mb data.That has to be a bargain, right!What are you paying $200 for at the moment!

geek_ahjaybee, Mar 3, 4:20 pm

My bill with landline (with free national calling), internet 30gb, call waiting, caller display, voicemail, faxline, iPhone mobile plan, comes to around $350 a month

geek_alpinej, Mar 3, 4:23 pm

Well if you are fully using all those extras to the maxok ,I suppose. if not remove all the ones you are not and see what you can save

geek_jacky18, Mar 3, 4:31 pm

$75 for 30gb untill end of the year - as stated above. for the cell . telecom's $19 deal but the stats arnt correct - its free calling to telecom cells , 60 mins calling to other networks - unlimited txt to any network and 500MB data

geek_trade_menow, Mar 3, 4:36 pm

Their accounts my be long, with lots of numbers on them, but extremely easy to read & understand. Are you sure this is not a "Tall Poppy Syndrome!" post!

geek_guyh, Mar 3, 4:38 pm

Oops, you are right about the texting.Typo error when I stated 50mb data (obviously didnt hit the 0 hard enough).Free calling to Telecom mobiles until the end of March, I believe. !

geek_ahjaybee, Mar 3, 5:06 pm

thats correct - but you cant add it onto your landline bill as its prepay only - or have they changed that !

geek_trade_menow, Mar 3, 5:37 pm

wewith slingshot on a 50 gig roll over plan.what we dont use every month accumulates. thats under $80 a month i think.

geek_fordcrzy, Mar 3, 7:43 pm

You can have it either prepaid, or as a Smart OneBill - which is the same as prepay but it bills on your landline account - if that makes sense.Its much more convenient because you dont have to remember to top up each month.I have my granddaughters and mine on OneBill, and my daughter has hers on her landline as a onebill also.

geek_ahjaybee, Mar 3, 9:56 pm

$200/mth for that. yeah, you're getting tucked.

geek_meathead_timaru, Mar 4, 12:24 am

But without decent information it's hard to recommend what would be best for your situation.

geek_meathead_timaru, Mar 4, 12:38 am

Well thanks everyone. What I mean by a confusing bill it's loaded with information that is ot necessary. Say you went into a shop a purhased a bag of bread and some milk. You looked at the receipt and it charged you for those items and also gave you a credit for a bag of chips and a coke you never purchased.
Why do Telecom bills give you credits for things you never used!

geek_fhpottery, Mar 4, 7:40 am

When you ring, select Accounts. Always accounts. Ring during the week too, not after hours.
That way you get NZ.

geek_lythande1, Mar 4, 8:26 am

fhpottery wrote:
Well thanks everyone. What I mean by a confusing bill it's loaded with information that is ot necessary. Say you went into a shop a purhased a bag of bread and some milk. You looked at the receipt and it charged you for those items and also gave you a credit for a bag of chips and a coke you never purchased.
Why do Telecom bills give you credits for things you never used![/quote

yes, i have the same beef, they`re bills are confusing they could be simplified ,but if they can confuse customers, then its easy to rip them off.

geek_bashfulbro, Mar 4, 4:34 pm