New sony TV

Just bought a Sony 55ex630& its connected to mysony HX780HDDCDI used thecoponentcabletoconnect thesound output from theHDD to mystereo amptapeinputsocketsinstead of the TV . But thesound is out of sync with the picture any way of fixing it !

geek_elect70, Feb 15, 5:39 pm

Does the TV have a game mode! If so try switching to that

geek_vtecintegra, Feb 15, 6:07 pm

That might work, or if not try using the RCA audio out from the back of the TV to the stereo (HDMI sound to the TV should be in sync with the picture, the component cable may not be).
Out of sync problems can be a curse.

geek_mm12345, Feb 15, 9:45 pm

The Tv only has an opticaloutput for home theaterthats why I used the line out from the DVD/HDD .Dont like the TV soundas speakers areat rear & sound isnt clearto my old ears . Oh well back toorigonal . Yet this worked fine with my old sony Wegatrinitron Tv .

geek_elect70, Feb 16, 2:01 pm

That's a lousy cheap-out by TV makers not to include RCA out.Our older Sony LCD TV has RCA out - and that was a bottom line full HD budget model when we bought it about 3 years ago.
I assume that you tried the suggestion to switch to "game mode" on the TV - and it didn't work!
I expect the problem is probably because you've got the DVD/HD connected to TV via HDMI, which carries a digital audio signal.Using the separate audio out from the DVD/HDD is probably relying on a sound card d/a converter in the DVD/HDD, which is out of sync with the HDMI video, but might be in sync with the DVD/HDD"component video" (RCA cable type) video out. You could connect video to the TV with those cables - rather than HDMI - which might bring it back in sync with the audio, but you'll lose HD upscaling (for what it's worth) to the TV (if the DVD/HDD is capable of it).
One of these:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/electronics-photography/home-audio/other/auction-562038029.htm
might be another way to go, taking coax optical audio out from the TV, and converting it to stereo RCA.Should solve your problem - but no guarantee.
A bit messy and annoying.

geek_mm12345, Feb 16, 2:58 pm

If the TV has a headphone jack (and it probably does) then you can use that to connect to the stereo

geek_vtecintegra, Feb 16, 3:00 pm

Thanks , yes it doesi will try to get a headphone jack to RCA , in factit does mention thatin fine printin the manual.& i triedRCAvidout to TV& audiotoRCA in on ampno differencestill out of sync .I wait with bated breath for some HDMI programmeto see if it realy isall that better(excluding the sky$10time rort )

geek_elect70, Feb 18, 5:30 pm

Have you checked you system menu
My Samsung has a sound control which you gives you an increase or decrease with the sound delay between the sound & picture
Just a thought

geek_timberman, Feb 26, 11:48 pm