Nexus 7 16gb - anyone spotted one anywhere?

Decided last weekend to get one of these as they didn't cost too much - but now I just can't seem to locate one in a store. I have tried stores in Wellington but it may be that there is some store sitting on some older stock - so has anyone spotted one by chance! Thanks.

geek_clareo, Feb 21, 10:42 pm

geek_anilnz, Feb 22, 2:38 am

You can also go for the 8gb model and put in a memory card to expand the memory.

geek_anilnz, Feb 22, 2:40 am

The Asus (Google Nexus) 7 does not have an expansion memory slot so I suspect you will find it a significant challenge to expand the memory.

geek_ians2, Feb 22, 7:54 am

You are very right. My mistake that I overlooked this fact. I did some research on this and found that there is a way around this though. Nexus 7 features a USB OTG (On-The-Go). This allows you to connect a USB flash drive or a microSD card via a USB adaptor. While I agree that this isn't as convenient as extra storage packed onto a microSD card tucked into the machine, it works well and means you can add storage at will.

geek_anilnz, Feb 22, 3:17 pm

That is very true, I have used it with a 1TB external USB hard drive in this manner but it does significantly reduce the battery life. Have also used it with a Kingston external Wi-Drive that doesn't even need a connection lead.

geek_ians2, Feb 22, 3:53 pm

Found one today in DSE Hastings - great stuff Dick Smith.

geek_clareo, Feb 22, 7:49 pm