Lost emails

I had my computer serviced over the weekend and lost my emails going back to August 2012.
Does anyone know if and how I can retrieve them!
Thanks.

geek_phil.s, Mar 25, 12:27 pm

Very Generic question. What email program were you using . Outlook!
What did they do to your computer!
If they wiped it , and did not do a back up, you may have lots them, neen more info to help you.

geek_romans8, Mar 25, 12:37 pm

I would think the best person to answer that is the person that serviced it over the weekend.

geek_king1, Mar 25, 12:40 pm

back to your cowboy tech me thinks.

geek_gibler, Mar 25, 12:48 pm

If your email program is not set to delete from server most should be still there.

geek_wayne416, Mar 25, 4:14 pm

It's not up to the tech to backup personal data, it's the customers responsibility. Seriously who keeps this stuff!! If an email is so important, save the contents as a file and back it up.

geek_lythande1, Mar 25, 4:16 pm

Although I expect there is a certain standard of care that can be expected of a tech in terms of protection of data and doing anything that risks it
Really depends on the reason for the service - if he took it in because the hard disk had a meltdown and tech has recovered everything best he can, that's a great result.

If he took it in for a spring clean and to make it run a bit faster. Well i'd be annoyed if it came back with some of my data missing, irrespective of whether I had backups or not.

geek_king1, Mar 25, 5:29 pm