Need help with downloading Adobe Flash Player

andante1, Mar 22, 7:34am
I have clicked on the link to download Latest Adobe Flash Player. It appears to download and it tells me it been successfully downloaded but when I go to look at a video on youtube it still comes up with ' Get the latest Flash Player'
Why is it doing this! please can some one help!

king1, Mar 22, 7:41am
Do you need to run the installer that you downloaded.

chnman, Mar 22, 7:44am
The downloaded file might be in your "Downloads" folder. Locate the file then click on it and install.

melp6, Mar 22, 7:44am
It did that to me and drove me insane

I googled, and it turned out that somehow 'Active X' which needs to be either off or on(can't remember which one)wasn't

That can be found under I think it's tools on the menu bar

andante1, Mar 22, 7:44am
No box came up indicating that I needed to do this. However, at the begining of the installation, in the instruction to download, was click on run. Which I did.

king1, Mar 22, 7:46am

andante1, Mar 22, 7:47am
Have checked and it is not there that I can see. Certainly nothing with the label Adobe or Flashplayer.

andante1, Mar 22, 7:50am
This is the one I have been downloading from. Could it be anything to do with my not wanting Google Chrome. As I have been taking the tick out of the Google Chrome box there. I wouldn't have thought so myself but then again. When all said and done Google Chrome download is optional according to instructions.
Appreciate your effort here King. Thank you.

andante1, Mar 22, 7:52am
Me thinks you could be on the right track here. But which 'active x' control needs to be changed

king1, Mar 22, 7:55am
Assuming internet explorer.
have a look in
tools
manage addons
toolbars and extensions

and see if the flashplayer has been disabled.
Otherwise tick the chrome box, since flash is built in with chrome

melp6, Mar 22, 7:55am
I just had a look, and my active X is NOT ticked.

It's found until tools, 'active X filtering'

nitpnz, Mar 22, 8:02am
It is probably on the address bar at the right hand side of the site url. (Blue stop sign icon when it is active, greyed out when it is turned off.) I turn mine on when I want to watch vids, and turn it off if video advertising becomes distracting cos I think it's using up my bandwidth. luvvit.

andante1, Mar 22, 8:04am
There are two items relating to Adobe there.
One is 'Shockwave Flash Object' which is enabled. when I click on this, a number appears below in a seperate box. It looks like an active X # 11.6.602.180 . I have no idea what this is or what it means.

andante1, Mar 22, 8:08am
Wonders if this might be the issue. Mine was blue ie swiched to on position.
I have just chaned it. Will now go back to Kings link above and try again. Fingers crossed.

andante1, Mar 22, 8:34am
Have tried everything that I know of, but still cannot get it to work. This is getting very frustrating.
I do appreciate all the help given to me this evening. Thanks so much. Not sure where to go from here.

king1, Mar 22, 8:53am
download and install chrome at least in the interim - it has flash player built in
http://www.google.com/chrome/

chnman, Mar 22, 10:32am

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)